Thread: Cheap 40Mbps home fibre broadband is possible

Default Cheap 40Mbps home fibre broadband is possible

Cheap 40Mbps home fibre broadband is possible

Taking a closer look at the service being held up by ICASA as an example to the industry

"All talk and no play, makes Jack a dull boy". Word are always nice to hear, but action from ICASA is another thing. I'll be more optimistic once those prices are implemented at consumer level on a bigger scale, like at Telkom or Afrihost

Cool but wheres my 10 meg line been waiting for years to be upgraded and still none here yet people down the road have it.

Ichigo Ftw

they should look at a better uncapped option than going with I give you 20gigs a month. Uncapped is the way of the future, why would you want to monitor your usage.

Fibre connection with a cap. Haha...joke.

Also how is this of any use if its only available in one small region? Scaling things is what makes it expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by BlaZing View Post
    they should look at a better uncapped option than going with I give you 20gigs a month. Uncapped is the way of the future, why would you want to monitor your usage.
    also whats the point of having the speed and only 20 gigs with no uncapped you may as well be on 4 meg or lower .

Ichigo Ftw

Finally Have An Avatar And Signature! Kwaai's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ichigo View Post
    also whats the point of having the speed and only 20 gigs with no uncapped you may as well be on 4 meg or lower .
    A constant speed would be nice, not these random drops in speed they keep having. One day it's awesome...the next -refer to telkom uncapped thread.

Edit: Been happy with it for while, until last week :P
    Last edited by Kwaai; 12-06-2013 at 06:25 PM.

maybe a dream in a few years

Quote Originally Posted by Kwaai View Post
    A constant speed would be nice, not these random drops in speed they keep having. One day it's awesome...the next -refer to telkom uncapped thread.

Edit: Been happy with it for while, until last week :P
    Its probably due to maintenance and upgrades so I am sure it will be fine again

Quote Originally Posted by z1oc View Post
    maybe a dream in a few years
    Think we will be flying in cars before they even give 40 megs to everyone besides a few people.

Ichigo Ftw

Quote Originally Posted by Ichigo View Post
    Thats the issue, its like being given the keys to a ferrari with only 1/4 tank and the cost of petrol to high...

But this is a common process in SA it seems, sooner or later the cost will eventually drop but then again judgement day could come 1st