Page 66 of 129 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 76 116 ... LastLast

Thread: The official Witcher 3 thread

Exploring, I found an abandoned shack with lootable crates/chests. I got a schematic for a chest piece, had it made, only to later realise that I'd already been wearing that kind of chest piece already... What a waste of orens and material.

[MENTION=4467]Graal[/MENTION]. I found a way to turn off the trail. Go to options, display, hud config and then you can set "Path to objectives on minimap" to off.

Edit: Saw now you edited your post and found it already.
    Last edited by Wlad; 20-05-2015 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagan View Post
    Exploring, I found an abandoned shack with lootable crates/chests. I got a schematic for a chest piece, had it made, only to later realise that I'd already been wearing that kind of chest piece already... What a waste of orens and material.
    Lol, tel me about it. Did the same thing and now I only have 12 crowns left and no food.

Default The official Witcher 3 thread

I'm still puzzled by the adrenaline thing :-(

If I go to character screen, I can see my fast attack and Quen upgraded to level 2. I then went to each and hit "activate" and it appears in square boxes to the right.

But how does this kick in during combat ? What do the 3 bars under Witcher logo mean ?

Quote Originally Posted by Hiro View Post
    I'm still puzzled by the adrenaline thing :-(

If I go to character screen, I can see my fast attack and Quen upgraded to level 2. I then went to each and hit "activate" and it appears in square boxes to the right.

But how does this kick in during combat ? What do the 3 bars under Witcher logo mean ?
    The boxes to the right are for mutagens. You will find them by looting some enemy corpses. The mutagens, like the skills, come in three colours: blue, red and green. You can only equip one mutagen at first, more slots unlock at higher levels. You can then enhance the equipped mutagen with skills of the same colour. Each skill added will increase the effect of the mutagen depending on the mutagen. E.g I have a blue mutagen and with 3 skills of the signs tree linked to it I get a 28% boost to sign intensity. You can also craft more powerful versions of mutagens by combining weaker ones in alchemy.

Adrenaline is something on it's own. Don't know the finer workings of it yet but I have seen skills that can use Adrenaline to heal you or to cast signs etc.

Here's a pretty little guide that helps me understand it.
    http://www.gosunoob.com/witcher-3/mutagens/

*Beware of spoilers further down the page.

[MENTION=767]Wlad[/MENTION] [MENTION=4071]BeoTeK[/MENTION] oh ok, I was getting the 2 concepts mixed up. Thanks.

In the bottom left corner you have your two food items, there is also a third slot there. What is that for and how do you action it?

Quote Originally Posted by BeoTeK View Post
    In the bottom left corner you have your two food items, there is also a third slot there. What is that for and how do you action it?
    I think it might be crossbow bolt type, but I'm not 100% sure.

Quote Originally Posted by BeoTeK View Post
    It's for various items such as the crossbow, torch or bombs. Once you have one of those you can equip it from the quick menu and then use it in game.