Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: SA Xbox Live Gold members wait on free game

  1. #1

    Default SA Xbox Live Gold members wait on free game

    SA Xbox Live Gold members wait on free game

    Games with Gold programme hits a speedbump in certain regions

  2. #2

    Default

    There is a Free Game when you follow the links for the promotion on their website. It just isn't as advertised.
    Nothing is permitted, everything is true.

  3. #3

    Default

    I guess we will just have to wait and see what games we are offered as alternatives when the actual games aren't available here. I actually prefer Joy Ride Turbo to Defense Grid: The Awakening so that's alright but I'm sure most people will disagree. Eh, I take it you would prefer Defense Grid: The Awakening, steaksauce?

  4. #4

    Default

    I can understand why Defense Grid disappointed people - they were expecting some AAA titles. But let's not allow this to undermine what a great game Defense Grid is! It's one of my favourite tower defense games

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    I can understand why Defense Grid disappointed people - they were expecting some AAA titles. But let's not allow this to undermine what a great game Defense Grid is! It's one of my favourite tower defense games
    Pfftt, don't say that! We can't even play it!

    Thanks for finding out about the SA XBox Live situation though.

  6. #6

    Default

    What ever happened to AC2 and Halo 3 from the announcement at E3..

  7. #7

    Default

    Bait and Switch...

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    I guess we will just have to wait and see what games we are offered as alternatives when the actual games aren't available here. I actually prefer Joy Ride Turbo to Defense Grid: The Awakening so that's alright but I'm sure most people will disagree. Eh, I take it you would prefer Defense Grid: The Awakening, steaksauce?
    Actually I would prefer neither of these. From what I understood the games on offer were going to be full retail titles. They've gone and watered this down to arcade titles and that's what really get's to me.
    Nothing is permitted, everything is true.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by steaksauce View Post
    Actually I would prefer neither of these. From what I understood the games on offer were going to be full retail titles. They've gone and watered this down to arcade titles and that's what really get's to me.
    Fair enough. I also thought it was going to be big titles. In fact, I renewed my Live Gold just because of the free games.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    Fair enough. I also thought it was going to be big titles. In fact, I renewed my Live Gold just because of the free games.
    It kinda feels like we've been hustled by Microsoft. You have my condolances, if I upgraded to gold especially to get free games I wuld be very disappointed.
    Luckily I've had gold for the past few years for the multiplayer aspects. I simply wont entertain them by downloading anything sub-what-I-expected.
    MajorNelson took quite a beating on his page over this as well so people all over are not very impressed at the moment.
    Nothing is permitted, everything is true.

Similar Threads

  1. Free games on xbox live (For Gold)
    By Keepa34 in forum Gaming Discussions
    Replies: 193
    Last Post: 17-06-2016, 01:07 PM
  2. SA Xbox Live Gold members get Defense Grid: The Awakening
    By James in forum Gaming News Articles
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-07-2013, 08:53 PM
  3. Free games for Xbox Live Gold members
    By James in forum Gaming News Articles
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-06-2013, 01:11 PM
  4. Mass Effect 3 demo comes with free Xbox LIVE Gold
    By qornea in forum Gaming News Articles
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-02-2012, 09:12 AM
  5. Xbox Live Silver users get free taste of Gold
    By Tinman in forum Gaming Discussions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 21-11-2009, 01:55 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •