Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Xbox - Just 5 minutes of Gameplay Recording?

Default Xbox - Just 5 minutes of Gameplay Recording?

Hi guys!

I have read in a certain article that both Xbox and PS4 are actually have the functionality of recording our gameplay so that we can share it with our pals..

It says there that Sony PS4 can record I think about up to 15 minutes, I'm not sure.. and Xbox is just 5 minutes.. http://webloggin.com/xbox-one-and-ps...haring-details

Is PS4 really a good buy than Xbox? or the Xbox can compensate to other functionality?

Please enilightened me with this guys because I am planning to buy 1 to my niece..

Is this really a crucial feature for the average gamer? Even if it is do you really need such long recordings?
    Let's say I need to show a friend how to get past a certain boss or puzzle in a game. I can't imagine that I would even need 3 minutes of recording to do that, in addition I think both consoles have the ability to edit the recordings so you could probably work on some video and add to it later.
    Nothing is permitted, everything is true.

Couldn't one simply just hook the console up to a recorder eg.tv video HDD or a video box to a PC.
    Some people like to record their entire game-play and put it online as a walk-through for others.

Quote Originally Posted by KofDelight View Post
    Couldn't one simply just hook the console up to a recorder eg.tv video HDD or a video box to a PC.
    Some people like to record their entire game-play and put it online as a walk-through for others.
    That's how people are doing it now, I don't see any reason why it won't work with the new consoles.

Quote Originally Posted by steaksauce View Post
    Is this really a crucial feature for the average gamer?
    i think it certainly is a very niche market for this feature. i think live streaming ala Twitch.TV is more of a feature people would use. even then its not something i would be very interested in. overall this is not a feature i will take into consideration when the next gen comes knocking.

That's how people are doing it now, I don't see any reason why it won't work with the new consoles.
    I think its about being simple and accessible to everyone. I know i have never bothered to record and share any vidoes with friends, but i'm pretty sure I will now.

Quote Originally Posted by Gir View Post
    I think its about being simple and accessible to everyone. I know i have never bothered to record and share any vidoes with friends, but i'm pretty sure I will now.
    Same here and as I mentioned before I think a few minutes is more than adequate. Imagine what havoc of even 4 or 5 minutes of HD video is going to reek on your internet connection.
    Play multiplayer session online, hit share button...wait a few hours for video to upload before being able to play without lag...

Same here and as I mentioned before I think a few minutes is more than adequate. Imagine what havoc of even 4 or 5 minutes of HD video is going to reek on your internet connection.
    Play multiplayer session online, hit share button...wait a few hours for video to upload before being able to play without lag...
    I bloody well hope it only saves it to your HD and you can share after you've played. Or at least it throttles it making sure you don't get lag.

I think the PS4's longer time will be quite a benefit to those who do Twitch and record their gameplay for walkthroughs, as previously mentioned. I hope that Sony saves the files into the user's profile so that they can copy the videos and edit them manually on a PC, because some will prefer a more hands-on approach.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    I think the PS4's longer time will be quite a benefit to those who do Twitch and record their gameplay for walkthroughs, as previously mentioned. I hope that Sony saves the files into the user's profile so that they can copy the videos and edit them manually on a PC, because some will prefer a more hands-on approach.
    I doubt they'll do it that way. There will probably be some propriety software on the PS4 itself to edit recordings. I'm guessing they will try for the most part to keep all the functionality native to the console itself.