Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Gaming Mods - Making all PC games more fun

Post Gaming Mods - Making all PC games more fun

I am at the moment totally hooked on Just Cause 2. It's been the only game I'm interested to play recently.

I have now installed a couple of mods for the game, and it's made the game so much better and bigger for me. And that got me thinking about mods. Look at some of the games out there that supports mods (Skyrim, Minecraft, Just Cause 2, Kerbal etc...) and how these community based developments has helped enhance these games. I'm not sure if everyone likes to play with mods, or if everyone knows about the mods available, but they are a huge pile of awesomeness.

So what games have you played with mods? Which mods would you recommend for certain games?

For Just Cause 2, the following mods has entertained me too much:
    Superman Mod
    Increased Grapple Range and Speed
    God Mode (Yes that's right, I'm cheating)
    HD Improved Clouds

You can find these mods at http://www.justcause2mods.com/mods/

Best Mod ever made in my opinion is the Dayz mod for Arma 2. It has evolved into a standalone due for release soon.

Some Skyrim and Torchlight 2 mods are also insane. It is a pity that the bigger companies i.e: COD and BF franchise do not allow modding. Or well after COD4 that is. It would have made these games epic....

For Mincraft I have suggest Tekkit (or Technic for single player)
    Adds more to the game than you can handle.

It combines everything from RedCraft, Industialcraft, Forestry, Rails. Hell there too much to mention.
    Check the website for all the info.
    猿も木から落ちる

Quote Originally Posted by R4C3 View Post
    Best Mod ever made in my opinion is the Dayz mod for Arma 2. It has evolved into a standalone due for release soon.

Some Skyrim and Torchlight 2 mods are also insane. It is a pity that the bigger companies i.e: COD and BF franchise do not allow modding. Or well after COD4 that is. It would have made these games epic....
    Crap how the hell did I forget about DayZ, the mods of all mods!! Jip I firmly believe that gaming companies should open their games up a bit more. there are 1000's of really talented people out there more than willing to add to their favourite games. And come to think of it, wasn't the first Dota a mod of sorts?

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Crap how the hell did I forget about DayZ, the mods of all mods!! Jip I firmly believe that gaming companies should open their games up a bit more. there are 1000's of really talented people out there more than willing to add to their favourite games. And come to think of it, wasn't the first Dota a mod of sorts?
    Ye DayZ prob the best, Dota if I understand correctly was modded from WOW and SC etc

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Technically yeah Dota was a custom Map for warcraft III that was inspired by AOS from SC 1.
    Aren't they doing a stand alone version of DayZ now?
    猿も木から落ちる

Hammer have a look here

https://www.jc-mp.com/

they're having a public beta test again this weekend. it is INSANE

Mods are awesome, I go for mods that enhance the game play and visuals.
    Not really into mods that turns the game into something else - like mario skyrim.

Here are some of the games that I play(ed) with mods:
    - Skyrim: 50+ mods, mostly visual and combat tweaks. I also created my own ENB tweak
    - Mount and Blade Warband: Floris mod pack, adds a lot more depth and freedom to the game
    - Civilisation 5: Faster flying unit animations and maps
    - Left 4 Dead 2: maps
    - Shogun 2: Longer campaign years
    - Arma 2: Dayz
    Last edited by chan0o; 25-07-2013 at 03:08 PM. Reason: Grammar fix

Quote Originally Posted by GlacieredPyro View Post
    For Mincraft I have suggest Tekkit (or Technic for single player)
    Adds more to the game than you can handle.

It combines everything from RedCraft, Industialcraft, Forestry, Rails. Hell there too much to mention.
    Check the website for all the info.
    I've been rocking Industrialcraft for so long now. Will have to give this one a look then

Quote Originally Posted by GlacieredPyro View Post
    Technically yeah Dota was a custom Map for warcraft III that was inspired by AOS from SC 1.
    Aren't they doing a stand alone version of DayZ now?
    Indeed they are. Not sure when it will release though, but I'm sure Dohc-WP will clear that up for us...

I use mods, only on the city builders and simulation games, when things like more cash come in really handy, or a bigger sandbox to build stuff, otherwise not so much
    “Well, if you see anything crawl out of the sea and try to breathe, you could try telling it not to bother.”