Page 3 of 154 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Dude View Post
    I tried both but they didn't gel with me. If I go melee I'll a thief/skirmisher/rogue of some kind, light on his feet with lots of dodge moves. The ARC was just such a breeze to use and I found myself saving my party a lot of the time, I used Cure and Raise from my CJR on my ARC.

In fantasy games though I typically always go mage, I just love mages but TMTG didn't do it for me so I'm hoping the Summoner will play really well, if not then I'm happy with my ARC.
    Only thing that worries me about my ARC is that if I role male then the final/ultimate armour is very feminine and just doesn't suit a male, so I hope we have a slightly more masculine variant, If not then I'll just play as a female ARC .
    I find myself gravitating to heavy armour classes most of the time since I prefer close up melee attacks (my main in GW2 was an ele, but as soon as I hit 80 I levelled a Guardian and never looked back) - they feel more kinetic and satisfying to play for me.

The summoner class does look interesting but seeing as how there's almost no info on them yet I'd rather stick to something I know a bit more about.

At this point Lancer > Dragoon is looking more and more like my primary choice.

I've played on a regular basis since the first CBT and have already pre-ordered. Can't wait 'til Phase 4. I've raid-healed for over 8 years and it's a position that I both enjoy and feel comfortable with, so I'll stick with my Conjurer for now. Unsane is probably going tank as that's a position he's played for 8 years as well! I really enjoyed healing the dungeons in FFXIV. I quite enjoyed both Pugilist and Archer as well.

@Duke Dude Most our our clan are on Moogle and those who didn't get into the BETA will be joining us upon release. If head count is anything to go by, quite a few of us will be playing. Feel free to join us: https://www.facebook.com/GrimWolvesZA We will be make the guild during Early Access.
    Last edited by BlackSwan; 19-08-2013 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSwan View Post
    I've played on a regular basis since the first CBT and have already pre-ordered. Can't wait 'til Phase 4. I've raid-healed for over 8 years and it's a position that I both enjoy and feel comfortable with, so I'll stick with my Conjurer for now. Unsane is probably going tank as that's a position he's played for 8 years as well! I really enjoyed healing the dungeons in FFXIV. I quite enjoyed both Pugilist and Archer as well.

@Duke Dude Most our our clan are on Moogle and those who didn't get into the BETA will be joining us upon release. If head count is anything to go by, quite a few of us will be playing. Feel free to join us: https://www.facebook.com/GrimWolvesZA I am a clan leader and Unsane and I will be make the guild during CBT4/Early Access.
    I'm pretty newish to MMO's, I've played several but never really lasted as I always seem to find parties who always speak in German or don't know how to swing a sword :P.

So being able to jam with locals and be a part of a local guild would be fantstic !

I'm definitely gonna playing during Early Access so I hope to raid some dungeons with you peeps . Are you guys into PvP?

And how was Moogle during phase 3? Pretty populated?
    "All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible."

- T.E. Lawrence

@Duke Dude Most our our clan are on Moogle and those who didn't get into the BETA will be joining us upon release. If head count is anything to go by, quite a few of us will be playing. Feel free to join us: https://www.facebook.com/GrimWolvesZA I am a clan leader and Unsane and I will be make the guild during CBT4/Early Access.
    I've played many MMO's but never actually done any full on raid content, that being 8 - 24 man instanced group content. Hopefully you 8 year veterans can show us the ropes.

@Duke Dude We'd love to have you. It doesn't really matter that you're new to MMOs. Most of us are very helpful and don't mind taking the time to answer questions or help a brutha out! We do have some PvP fanatics as well. Moogle EU was extremely well populated during the BETA (though it is my assumption that most of the servers were). At least this time they didn't have to lock it!

@Isengard No sweat! It's like learning to ride a bike. The main thing is: we have the tanks, we have the healers. We're not going to be pushing in a game like FFXIV:ARR. People have expressed interest in really exploring the game; the storyline; doing crafting etc. Wyvern and the others seem satisfied with our level of competence/helpfulness thus far, so I hope you'll join us and have a similar experience.
    Last edited by BlackSwan; 08-08-2013 at 11:57 AM.

@Duke Dude We'd love to have you. It doesn't really matter that you're new to MMOs. Most of us are very helpful and don't mind taking the time to answer questions or help a brutha out! We do have some PvP fanatics as well. Moogle EU was extremely well populated during the BETA (though it is my assumption that most of the servers were). At least this time they didn't have to lock it!

@Isengard No sweat! It's like learning to ride a bike. The main thing is: we have the tanks, we have the healers. We're not going to be pushing in a game like FFXIV:ARR. People have expressed interest in really exploring the game; the storyline; doing crafting etc. Wyvren and the others seem satisfied with our level of competence/helpfulness thus far, so I hope you'll join us and have a similar experience.
    Awesome, just don't forget to send us that Guild invite!

I do plan to soak the level 1 - 50 story in, but like with every FF game I played once I get to "end game" my big focus is going to be getting the ultimate weapon and I believe raiding is going to be one aspect of achieving this.

I haven't played the beta, but thinking about getting the final game. Just wondering, what region do SA players fall under? I assume we'll be buying EU game time and playing on EU servers, similar to how we fall under EU for WoW?

Quote Originally Posted by Denouncer View Post
    I assume we'll be buying EU game time and playing on EU servers, similar to how we fall under EU for WoW?
    Correct. Upon character creation, you'll see that the EU servers have "EU" next to them. We've been playing on Moogle. Also, if you pre-order from Takealot, you will get Early Access. Just remember to phone them and ask them to send you your key after you've ordered.

Correct. Upon character creation, you'll see that the EU servers have "EU" next to them. We've been playing on Moogle. Also, if you pre-order from Takealot, you will get Early Access. Just remember to phone them and ask them to send you your key after you've ordered.
    Thanks, will do.

@Isengard No sweat! It's like learning to ride a bike. The main thing is: we have the tanks, we have the healers. We're not going to be pushing in a game like FFXIV:ARR. People have expressed interest in really exploring the game; the storyline; doing crafting etc. Wyvren and the others seem satisfied with our level of competence/helpfulness thus far, so I hope you'll join us and have a similar experience.
    Great!! I look forward to jamming with you guys ! Much like Isengard I grind like hell for the best weapon in my FF games (FF13 was a killer in that regard ) so I cannot wait to farm the Crystal Tower!

During P3 Odin was pretty well populated but people seldom talked, so it kinda felt empty.
    "All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible."

- T.E. Lawrence