Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Afrihost launches R29 per GB mobile data

  1. #1

    Default Afrihost launches R29 per GB mobile data

    Afrihost launches R29 per GB mobile data

    Afrihost has unveiled its first mobile data product, offering a 5GB package for R145

  2. #2

    Default

    Wow, if it reduces my latency to international servers over Voda 3G I'll TAKE 2 PLEASE!

  3. #3

    Default

    I don't understand how this works, could someone explain? Do you need to get a sim card from them?

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gir View Post
    I don't understand how this works, could someone explain? Do you need to get a sim card from them?
    Yeah, looks like they are partnering with MTN, data-only SIM card.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gir View Post
    I don't understand how this works, could someone explain? Do you need to get a sim card from them?
    Works like this:
    Afrihost uses the MTN network, but you don't deal with MTN, just with Afrihost.
    It is a month to month offering, so no contracts.
    You get capped when the data is finished, so no OOB shark.
    You get an afrihost simcard, but it does not do voice, only data.
    If you are an MTN contract subscriber you can use your MTN simcard and just add the Afrihost VPN settings.
    One day, I'll grow up and become responsible.
    Probably not today.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mister 44 View Post
    Works like this:
    Afrihost uses the MTN network, but you don't deal with MTN, just with Afrihost.
    It is a month to month offering, so no contracts.
    You get capped when the data is finished, so no OOB shark.
    You get an afrihost simcard, but it does not do voice, only data.
    If you are an MTN contract subscriber you can use your MTN simcard and just add the Afrihost VPN settings.
    yeah I get it now, was hoping they had made some deal with the cellphone companies and you could go through them using your current sim.

  7. #7

    Default

    Wanted to say 8ta has a better deal, but not sure if the 8ta deal requires a 24 month contract. Still a flippen good price though, a worthy alternative when my mtn uncapped expires in April 2015.

  8. #8
    MyGaming Comp Authoritah sycogrim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Unitedstates of JHB/Randburg
    Posts
    31,085

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saa044 View Post
    Wanted to say 8ta has a better deal, but not sure if the 8ta deal requires a 24 month contract. Still a flippen good price though, a worthy alternative when my mtn uncapped expires in April 2015.
    Well considering that 8ta is no longer releasing new packages etc... and it's rebranding the entire infrastructure as Telkom Mobile, you might as well wait patiently in the corner to see what the outcome will be.
    All it takes is ONE BAD DAY tO ReDuCe the SaNesT Man Alive To LuNaCy. That's How Far The World Is From Where I am. JUST ONE BAD DAY

    Blog Entries . YouTube Channel and Playlists

    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowFox
    I'm gonna tolerate and love...........THE SHIT OUTTA YOU
    Shadowfox's response to me in my failed attempts to annoy him

  9. #9

    Default

    Think I might sign up for this as a failover for Telkom ...... definitely worth it even if I can't game with it.
    - There is no proof any of us are even alive -
    - - - -

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mephisto_Helix View Post
    Think I might sign up for this as a failover for Telkom ...... definitely worth it even if I can't game with it.
    You can game just not all types of games.
    I hope to get one of those free devices but with only 1000 not sure if I will get one.
    Evil meet my Sword. Sword, meet Evil!


Similar Threads

  1. SA-made Moonbase launches on mobile app stores
    By James in forum Gaming News Articles
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 28-06-2012, 08:20 AM
  2. Cell C drops mobile data prices by 50%
    By James in forum Gaming News Articles
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 14-05-2012, 01:08 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 26-07-2011, 12:18 PM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-07-2011, 04:08 PM
  5. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 27-06-2011, 08:11 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •