Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PlayStation 4 launch date revealed

Default PlayStation 4 launch date revealed

PlayStation 4 launch date revealed

Sony has finally dropped a date for its next-gen console, the PlayStation 4

Let the buying stampede commence!
    Now here's just hoping South Africa will be on of the chosen 32, maybe there'll be a nice big box under my Christmas tree this year...
    Nothing is permitted, everything is true.

It's nice that we have a release date, but one cannot become optimistic and excited when you cannot actually afford the console.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampothic View Post
    It's nice that we have a release date, but one cannot become optimistic and excited when you cannot actually afford the console.
    There is a release date but it's not yet confirmed for South Africa. We might just yet get some more time to nurture our savings before it hits.

Looks like SA is not one of the 32 launch countries after all.
    Today Sony announced at their gamescom conference that the PlayStation 4 will be launching in 32 different countries by the end of the year. Those countries are: United States, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Australia, New Zealand, United Kingdom, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Ireland, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Sweden, Switzerland, Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Panama, and Peru.
    source

Doesn't really bother me that much since I will now have more time to try save up some money to get one when it does launch here.

So amped for this badboy to arrive, but, damn that controller is grotesque. It's probably because it is ridiculously comfortable...yeah, must be.

Why on Earth does Peru (50th) Chile (38th) NZ (53rd) get the PS4 ahead of us (28th) according to the countries listed by GDP? Will those countries sales vastly outshine ours?
    Insanity is the best in Superbru! His rugby knowledge, likethe cosmos, knows no bounds, if it wasn't for him I wouldn't have any friends!

Quote Originally Posted by Piesank View Post
    Why on Earth does Peru (50th) Chile (38th) NZ (53rd) get the PS4 ahead of us (28th) according to the countries listed by GDP? Will those countries sales vastly outshine ours?
    Well I assume they have more info than us, its a business, its not like sony decides its release schedule to spite people.

It would have been great if we were getting the PS4 here in SA in time for Xmas, well now gotta make sure there's enough in the piggy bank for the console,

Quote Originally Posted by Khulie View Post
    It would have been great if we were getting the PS4 here in SA in time for Xmas, well now gotta make sure there's enough in the piggy bank for the console,
    I'm sure some of the countries on that list have very relaxed immigration laws if you want to get the PS3 faster...