Thread: Cross Plane puts a screen in a controller for PC, PS3, 360, Ouya

Default Cross Plane puts a screen in a controller for PC, PS3, 360, Ouya

Advanced Gaming Innovations LLC began its Kickstarter campaign last week for the Cross Plane, a controller with a touch-less, seven-inch screen that functions as a main display for PC, 360, PS3 and Ouya users. The campaign is seeking $350,000 to begin production of the controllers, which backers can receive one of by contributing $350.

The Cross Plane will use a wireless HDMI transmitter to send data to "control paks," which can be swapped out from the back of the Cross Plane to make the hardware compatible with different platforms. While the project's Kickstarter page notes that the 360 control pak will be a one-trick pony, the PS3 control pak will also work for the PC and Ouya due to "compatible Bluetooth connectivity technology." Support for the Xbox One and PS4 is also planned "should the project be successful."

The Kickstarter page states that the prototype is capable of a 20 foot line-of-sight range, but Lead Designer Chris Downing clarified to Joystiq in an email that the range of the final product should be increased by rearranging internal hardware. "The remedy is simply a matter of relocating the receiver at which point I'm confident we'll be able to get back to the 60-plus foot range," Downing said.

Crysis 2 on The PC and Final Fantasy 3 on The OUYA.

Users can also play their favorite current Emulators for Retro consoles including PS2, GameCube, N64, Sega, the list goes on and on. So plainly put, your computer's entire gaming library can be brought to you on The Cross Plane.

Via: Engadget
    Source: Kickstarter

Despite what it does, I looks awfully a lot like the Nvidia Shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Glordit View Post
    Despite what it does, I looks awfully a lot like the Nvidia Shield.
    shield , No

Wii U gamepad, yes

i see a lawsuit coming

Quote Originally Posted by Dohc-WP View Post
    shield , No

Wii U gamepad, yes

i see a lawsuit coming
    Lots of devices these days look eerily similar, but you right they will probably sue .

I will stick to my 3ds anyway dont like the look of that controller.

Ichigo Ftw

It's an ugly version of the Wii-U gamepad. As cool as the idea is it will never work, because developers simply won't know with certainty that their target audience has this device. Where as with the Wii-U all console owners have the gamepad, so developers can comfortably develop with that in mind.
    When an anti-piracy method is affecting the game for people who legitimately bought it and causing other people not to buy the game, there is obviously something wrong with it!