Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Today I Learnt (TIL)

Default Today I Learnt (TIL)

For those of you who frequent Reddit, you've might gave come across the TIL (Today I learnt) subreddit. Well, anyway - I thought it'd be cool if we had our own resident Mygaming TIL thread to put a more gaming and local centric spin on things..
    So, without much further ado you're welcome to post things/facts that you never knew until today or recently in this thread preferably with a link if you can.

I'll start - TIL that Eight of the nine members of the Fellowship got a small tattoo of the word "nine" spelled out in Tengwar, which is the Elvish script created by Tolkien. They got it at a tattoo parlor in Wellington, New Zealand, to commemorate the experience of the movie. The ninth member, John Rhys-Davies, declined and sent his stunt double in his place. Elijah Wood's tattoo is on his lower stomach. Sean Astin and Billy Boyd have the tattoo on their ankles (to commemorate all those hours in the hobbit feet). Orlando Bloom, who plays the archer elf Legolas, has his on his forearm. His tattoo is visible during a fight scene in Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl. Ian McKellen's is on his shoulder. Dominic Monaghan's is on his shoulder. And the eighth member, Sean Bean, has his tattoo on his right shoulder. Viggo Mortensen has his tattoo on his left shoulder. It is visible on some pictures from the movie Eastern Promises

Name:  Gandalf-Tattoo-300-x-250.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  20.8 KB
    Name:  Sean-bean.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  23.4 KB
    Name:  tumblr_lfi2x1W6Xe1qbx2i7.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  44.2 KB
    Last edited by Edelweiss; 21-09-2013 at 11:21 AM.
    That's just like, your opinion, man.

WIN FREE SCHIT!! --> justplay.co.za

TIL that Gimili/John Rhys-Davies is the tallest member of the fellowship of the Ring.

I've always known he was a big guy... just didn't think he was the biggest in the fellowship, the only way it could be more ironic is if one of the hobbits were taller.

Assassin of Accountants Ike_009's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edelweiss View Post
    For those of you who frequent Reddit, you've might gave come across the TIL (Today I learnt) subreddit. Well, anyway - I thought it'd be cool if we had our own resident Mygaming TIL thread to put a more gaming and local centric spin on things..
    So, without much further ado you're welcome to post things/facts that you never knew until today or recently in this thread preferably with a link if you can.

I'll start - TIL that Eight of the nine members of the Fellowship got a small tattoo of the word "nine" spelled out in Tengwar, which is the Elvish script created by Tolkien. They got it at a tattoo parlor in Wellington, New Zealand, to commemorate the experience of the movie. The ninth member, John Rhys-Davies, declined and sent his stunt double in his place. Elijah Wood's tattoo is on his lower stomach. Sean Astin and Billy Boyd have the tattoo on their ankles (to commemorate all those hours in the hobbit feet). Orlando Bloom, who plays the archer elf Legolas, has his on his forearm. His tattoo is visible during a fight scene in Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl. Ian McKellen's is on his shoulder. Dominic Monaghan's is on his shoulder. And the eighth member, Sean Bean, has his tattoo on his right shoulder. Viggo Mortensen has his tattoo on his left shoulder. It is visible on some pictures from the movie Eastern Promises

[ATTACH=CONFIG][/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH=CONFIG][/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH=CONFIG][/ATTACH]
    My sisters ex had his name in elvish on his wrist, made him look like a dork.

TIL that our gardener broke our lawn mover and I had to spend an Hour fixing the thing
    My ignore list: n/a

TIL (thanks to an awesome friend on MyG) sometimes its okay to be a bitch. Giving someone what they want so you don't have to hurt them is not fair to yourself or them. Stay true to yourself and you will be happy! You can't always be the nice but not honest one. Either way, one of you will be left broken.

Thanks for the advice and thanks for opening my eyes!

TIL that when reading your textbook and you stumble across a concept that is slightly more difficult than the rest, don't assume it's not important...

The thing that should not be Tsar's Avatar

Today I learnt I am actually a terrible person

Quote Originally Posted by Tsar View Post
    D'aaaaw why Tsar??
    That's just like, your opinion, man.

WIN FREE SCHIT!! --> justplay.co.za

so cryptic... share the details

Really don't think you are though.... *hugs*

The thing that should not be Tsar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by reedOsama View Post
    so cryptic... share the details
    Just have had a bit of a sketchy past. Mainly experimenting with drugs feel like such a let down for my mom. I have stopped for years now but it eats at me for being so dumb.