Page 108 of 118 FirstFirst ... 8 58 98 106 107 108 109 110 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1175

Thread: Thread of PC Woes, Troubles, Problems, and Issues

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoFish View Post
    It kinda depends, but I would suggest an HDMI to VGA converter for now. If you want to go Dual monitor loony you can get DisplayPort to 2 x VGA. Alternatively you'll need a DVI-I Single Link or DVI-I Dual link or DVI-A adapter.

I'm assuming your card only has a DVI-D output.

In short : DVI (Digital Visual Interface) where I means integrated (combines digital and analog in the same connector) D (Digital Only) and A (Analog only). a passive DVI-to-VGA adapter will NOT work with a DVI-D output and will require the more expensive active adapter to convert digital signal to analog.
    Cool thanks. Yeah I got that info as well after doing a bit of research on the subject, and I thought I'd have to get the HDMI to VGA converter. Just thought that there would be a noticeable difference between the DVI-D to VGA and HDMI to VGA. Also I'm only running one monitor so the one converter will do fine I feel. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by DieGrootHammer View Post
    Cool thanks. Yeah I got that info as well after doing a bit of research on the subject, and I thought I'd have to get the HDMI to VGA converter. Just thought that there would be a noticeable difference between the DVI-D to VGA and HDMI to VGA. Also I'm only running one monitor so the one converter will do fine I feel. Thanks!
    Actually very little difference at all. My laptop docking station has a DisplayPort++ port and well as two HDMI ports. My one screen is HDMI and the other has VGA and DVI ports. Because I like pain I have a DisplayPort to Dual HDMI which is connected to a HDMI to DVI adapter. I dropped the HDMI to VGA adapter I had because screwed with my monitor detection when undocking and redocking.

So yes, you might have issues detecting resolutions on certain adapter types, this can sometimes be resolved simply by rebooting.
    Last edited by PsychoFish; 19-08-2016 at 09:07 AM.

Quick question:

Last night I installed my new GPU into my machine, only to find out that the output connectors on the card is not compatible with my screen. I have a VGA only screen, and the card has HDMI, Display Port and DVI-D as options. Naturally, the normal DVI-I converters I've always used won't work with the DVI-D connector. So my question is, would it be better for me to buy a DVI-D to VGA converter or HDMI to VGA converter? I'm fully aware that I will be losing some quality in the conversion of digital signal to analog, but I am seriously not gonna spend money now on a new screen.
    Why not plug into your TV and use Steam Big Picture mode?

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoFish View Post
    Actually very little difference at all. My laptop docking station has a DisplayPort++ port and well as two HDMI ports. My one screen is HDMI and the other has VGA and DVI ports. Because I like pain I have a DisplayPort to Dual HDMI which is connected to a HDMI to DVI adapter. I dropped the HDMI to VGA adapter I had because screwed with my monitor detection when undocking and redocking.

So yes, you might have issues detecting resolutions on certain adapter types, this can sometimes be resolved simply by rebooting.
    That's really interesting. Something I didn't know. If I get too irritated by resolution issues between the ports I'd probably just go out and spend money on a new monitor. But as things look now, I'll be happy then with the HDMI to VGA adapter

Quote Originally Posted by BeoTeK View Post
    Why not plug into your TV and use Steam Big Picture mode?
    I thought of that. The problem is my PC case is all busted and ungainly to look at. After a stint with couriers it was badly damaged. Also I'll need either wireless K&B combo, or get a longer cable for the Xbox One remote, or get a wireless dongle for the remote, and it's more hassle than it's worth

Quote Originally Posted by blaaislaai View Post

Was on 1.50 initially so i flashed to 2.50

Cool, thanks I will create that in a .bat file and test it out over the weekend
    I managed to fix my problem, but reverting back to the older motherboard firmware. Was on 2.50, flashed back to 1.50 and all the issues were resolved. Must be a bug in that firmware causing hot reboots not to work.
    4690k @4.5ghz |CM SEIDON 120V PLUS |CM HAF 932 |ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer | 16GB DDR3 | 2x Saphire RX480 Nitro+ OC| 2x256GB SSD RAID0 | 850w Corsair PSU

I would suggest you try incremental BIOS updates until it fails, then roll back the last one. So 1.5 -> 1.6 -> 1.9 -> 2.10 -> 2.2 -> 2.5

So that if 2.5 fails again you just roll back to 2.2, if it fails at 2.2 just go to 2.1. The big thing (from what I can see)

1.6 - Modify Deep Sleep function
    1.9 - 1.Adjust shared memory setting.2.Update VBIOS 3.Update ME and Microcode 4.Add NVME support
    2.1 - 1.Update microcode, ME and VBIOS. 2.Add NVME support
    2.2 - Update 5th Generation Intel Core Processors microcode.
    2.5 - 1.Update NTFS module. 2.Add ME FW version in BIOS setup.3.Add NVMe support.

Again, 1.5 is working for you, so it's up to you.

PS - I hate ASRock Mobos, i've just had too much shit with using them on builds. Which is why I'm sticking to Asus and MSI boards.

Had major problems since Thursday with "Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap" blue scree on 8.1. Discovered a massive Microsoft software update. Rolled everything back to prior update and problem solved. Typical that MSFT can't test their stuff properly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought of that. The problem is my PC case is all busted and ungainly to look at. After a stint with couriers it was badly damaged. Also I'll need either wireless K&B combo, or get a longer cable for the Xbox One remote, or get a wireless dongle for the remote, and it's more hassle than it's worth
    It's worth it.. I've played ~50 hours of MGS with wireless Xbox 360 controller, as well as most of Rise of the Tomb Raider, all of Transistor, Risk of Rain, etc. etc. I also have a long USB cable for kb, mouse, and headset when the mood strikes. Get one here when your in Pta again.

My monitor keeps saying no signal detected after playing rust, cs go and other titles for about two minutes. Any suggestions? i have a benq xl2430t monitor and a msi gtx 1070 gaming x.

EDIT: Trying a new driver install.