Thread: Thread of PC Woes, Troubles, Problems, and Issues

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Achievements Taking The Plunge

Quote Originally Posted by Blazzok View Post
    Does the cpu cooler have a back plate? It should have if it is that huge. What cooler is it?
    I used to have a Noctua NH 14D, which is massive, and I never had any issues. I also tried to move my pc as minimally as possible and when I did move it I was always aware of the fact that I have a 6ton cooler hanging off my motherboard, so gently does it.

You can always put your pc on its side so the cooler stands up instead of hanging.
    Quote Originally Posted by BeoTeK View Post
    Could explain it if your board is bending, but yes, as Blazz says, you should have some form of support to stop that happening.
    Cooler Master Hyper D92, with 2x 92mm PWM Fans

I'll check about the backboard thing. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

So my PC seems to start fine but now I got random lag every few minutes in games. So if I play LoL, when there is an ultimate ability used of someone in my screen, I get lag. Sometimes, if I click somewhere on the map, my character will go towards that point and if I change directions, it will still go that point first, and then go to the new direction. I moved the game to my SSD to check if it was the harddrive and still had the issue. Then I thought it might be my internet but ADSL is constant and I tested on Black Mesa without internet and same thing. I get lag(more like a stutter) sometimes when things jump at me in the game. Re-installed windows, re-installed drivers, but same problem. I'm trying to get another graphics card to test. Starting to think it might be the PSU.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Are the temperatures constant during play? If you have an Intel CPU, is SpeedStep throttling the CPU? What do the voltages look like? Constant? Need more of the informations.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards Threadkiller - Got the last word in.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberDemon View Post
    So my PC seems to start fine but now I got random lag every few minutes in games. So if I play LoL, when there is an ultimate ability used of someone in my screen, I get lag. Sometimes, if I click somewhere on the map, my character will go towards that point and if I change directions, it will still go that point first, and then go to the new direction. I moved the game to my SSD to check if it was the harddrive and still had the issue. Then I thought it might be my internet but ADSL is constant and I tested on Black Mesa without internet and same thing. I get lag(more like a stutter) sometimes when things jump at me in the game. Re-installed windows, re-installed drivers, but same problem. I'm trying to get another graphics card to test. Starting to think it might be the PSU.
    I had this problem with my gpu drivers I updated to the latest and it started doing this in games I went back one version and everything worked again.
    So ever since I never jump right on new drivers when its releases. Hope this will help you as well.
    Evil meet my Sword. Sword, meet Evil!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    315 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards MyGame Challenge 8: Darksiders - Horseman of the Apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 6: Spec Ops: The Line - Had an encounter with Willie Pete. MyGame Challenge 4: Grim Dawn - Survived the aetherial apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 1: Dark Souls - Achievement Unlocked: You Died. Lots of times. But you somehow finished the game.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberDemon View Post
    Also pull up a trend of CPU usage, GPU usage and Ram usage as well when playing a game, just check if something isn't hitting a ceiling. I had a frustrating issue, similar to this, and it was my CPU running at 100% when gaming (I had damaged something on the CPU socket [probably a pin or 2] when I cleaned the mobo).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Blazzok View Post
    Also pull up a trend of CPU usage, GPU usage and Ram usage as well when playing a game, just check if something isn't hitting a ceiling. I had a frustrating issue, similar to this, and it was my CPU running at 100% when gaming (I had damaged something on the CPU socket [probably a pin or 2] when I cleaned the mobo).
    Yup, had a dirty CPU cooler once (couldn't see that the heat sink was caked with dust), speedstep would throttle the CPU terribly at times, but would just come right after a couple of seconds. Had to take the cooler off and clean the heat sink. Problem solved

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoFish View Post
    Are the temperatures constant during play? If you have an Intel CPU, is SpeedStep throttling the CPU? What do the voltages look like? Constant? Need more of the informations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crzwaco View Post
    I had this problem with my gpu drivers I updated to the latest and it started doing this in games I went back one version and everything worked again.
    So ever since I never jump right on new drivers when its releases. Hope this will help you as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoFish View Post
    Yup, had a dirty CPU cooler once (couldn't see that the heat sink was caked with dust), speedstep would throttle the CPU terribly at times, but would just come right after a couple of seconds. Had to take the cooler off and clean the heat sink. Problem solved
    Could be drivers or the CPU thing. I'll check these. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

My lag issue seems to have disappeared. I think drivers was the issue as a new driver update installed recently. Thanks all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards MyGame Challenge 8: Darksiders - Horseman of the Apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 6: Spec Ops: The Line - Had an encounter with Willie Pete. MyGame Challenge 4: Grim Dawn - Survived the aetherial apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 2: Borderlands 2 - They're weak to bullets, minion! MyGame Challenge 1: Dark Souls - Achievement Unlocked: You Died. Lots of times. But you somehow finished the game.

My pc is now at a pc repair place. It felt terrible to give them my baby. I really hope it's something small. It doesn't start up at all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    657 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards Member of the Year - Voted by the community.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    My pc is now at a pc repair place. It felt terrible to give them my baby. I really hope it's something small. It doesn't start up at all.
    I been there.... I sense a Nintendo Switch in your future