Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Building a library

Default Building a library

Sup guys

So my new PC will be ready next week and now I'm starting to look at what games I should buy to start off my new PC game library?

All I have on my list so far is Final Fantasy 14, League of Legends and DayZ
    "All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible."

- T.E. Lawrence

You mind older games? Every gamer worth his salt should have Planescape: Torment, the Baldur's Gate saga, Deus Ex, Thief 1 and 2 (Thief 3 optional), Fallout 1 and 2 and Gothic 2. You can get Gothic 1 but it has not aged very well and plays a bit clunky.

As for newer games, Saints Row 3 and 4 are a good start, as is the new X-Com (if you're into TBS games), then the STALKER series is one of the better PC exclusive FPS franchises. I'll post more as I think of them.

In all honesty, it's inevitable that you'll be playing only a handful of your entire game library if you try to go this route.. but if you are serious about a large game library maybe it'll be best to stay away from online games so much and concentrate more on the SP side of things..
    Just my opinion.
    That's just like, your opinion, man.

WIN FREE SCHIT!! --> justplay.co.za

Go Go Get Buggedfield 4

And Batman Arkham Origins, and Dota 2, and NFS Rivals and Metal Gear solid(the new one)
    Last edited by AlienTaker; 13-01-2014 at 07:01 PM.

Check out the Humble Bundles. Especially when the developer ones come around. You'll save yourself some money and build up your library quickly.

That said, if I new then what I know now (at the time I started my steam library) this is what I'd do: I'd only buy enough games to carry me through to the next sale, nothing more. Doesn't matter that this-or-that is on sale for less 66% on the midweek sale. If it is 66% off now, it would probably be 75% or 80% off on the next sale. Remember that. Almost everybody here is complaining about their backlog. In the end you may miss out on excellent games because you feel obliged to first play the mediocre ones you bought for a bargain previously.
    One day, I'll grow up and become responsible.
    Probably not today.

2013 titles that I found to be good:
    - XCOM Enemy within
    - Tomb Raider
    - Skullgirls
    - Saints row 4

+1 for DayZ and BF4

Are you starting out on a clean slate or do you own a bunch of other games on your previous rig?

• DayZ
    • DotA 2/LoL - You need to decide which suits you best and stick with it, playing both is impossible.
    • CS:GO - Huge local community and the FPS that stood the test of time.
    • company of Heroes 2 - More than a strat and frustrating as hell.
    • ARMA 3 - Best Army sim out there which also has quite a large community.

Was also gona suggest Humble Bundle...
    Great way to pick up games at ridiculous prices!

Finally Have An Avatar And Signature! Kwaai's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edelweiss View Post
    In all honesty, it's inevitable that you'll be playing only a handful of your entire game library if you try to go this route.. but if you are serious about a large game library maybe it'll be best to stay away from online games so much and concentrate more on the SP side of things..
    Just my opinion.
    +1 After starting Dota and Counterstrike I stopped finishing other games

Quote Originally Posted by Stunt View Post
    [*]CS:GO - Huge local community and the FPS that stood the test of time.
    Huge attraction cos people can make money by selling off weapon cases/skins.
    At the end of each map, all I hear is "Gimme something, gimme something, gimme something.... ah voooook!"