Thread: AMD announces the Radeon R7 260 graphics card

Default AMD announces the Radeon R7 260 graphics card

AMD announces the Radeon R7 260 graphics card

Replaces the HD7770, offers more oomph for less money.

As a real budget card for the average gamer i can see this working and i see a lot of casual pc gamers upgrading come the new year.
    Going to check some benches on this compared to the 650Ti as i have too look at something for my mothers pc so she can have better fun with photo shop and all those other scrap book things that's killing on board.

But realy i can't wait for Kaveri. but this means whole new setup for me going from intel back to amd again

Quote Originally Posted by AlienTaker View Post
    Going to check some benches on this compared to the 650Ti as i have too look at something for my mothers pc so she can have better fun with photo shop and all those other scrap book things that's killing on board.
    Even a HD7730 would be fine, especially if the version of Photoshop she uses supports OpenCL. Otherwise, a budget Geforce card (GT640 or better) should be fine because it'll enable support for CUDA plugins.

Quote Originally Posted by AlienTaker View Post
    But realy i can't wait for Kaveri. but this means whole new setup for me going from intel back to amd again
    I would wait about six months before sinking money into Kaveri if you're still on the fence. OpenCL adoption needs to ramp up and more testing with Mantle and TrueAudio will be needed to see if there's any benefit for a switchover. I'm going to wait until some dual graphics benchies are done to see if its worth it for me. If it isn't, I'll just pick up a second-hand FX six-core and a R9 270X next year.

Thanx for that feedback made me think a bit R9 270 is awesome i haz one and i'll consider what you said my upgrade is only due in about 7or 8 months so still lots of time got my gpu first now next is my new case coming monday then all my cabling and only then new cpu mobo and ram