Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 265

Thread: Rust: Official Thread

  1. #1

    Default Rust: Official Thread

    Just wanted to make sure everyone knew about this game. Apparently we have a local server at net.connect 105.227.0.4:28015.

  2. #2

    Default

    Great stuff. If anyone needs any help just ask.

  3. #3

    Default

    Hmm, the presence of a local server might just convince me to get this

  4. #4

    Default

    Guys at the moment I would have to advise not to play on the only ZA server.

    The community there is not good it seems unless you know people.

    I saw it first hand.

    Rather wait until there's another one or play on official ones.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pooky View Post
    Guys at the moment I would have to advise not to play on the only ZA server.

    The community there is not good it seems unless you know people.

    I saw it first hand.

    Rather wait until there's another one or play on official ones.
    Cool, thanks for the heads up. I'll come check back a bit later to see if this is worth getting. I really don't like playing games with latency. So until everything's sorted, I think I'll hang back a bit.

  6. #6
    Will post for beer Roomys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Durban
    Posts
    3,548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pooky View Post
    Guys at the moment I would have to advise not to play on the only ZA server.

    The community there is not good it seems unless you know people.

    I saw it first hand.

    Rather wait until there's another one or play on official ones.
    We are contemplating playing this game this weekend to give it a try. What do you mean the community is not good, do the okes gang etc or what? Never played this so i have no idea what to expect, but we love games like Dont starve and Minecraft, the added feature of pvp seems awesome to me actually.
    “Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You too? I thought I was the only one.”
    ― C.S. Lewis

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roomys View Post
    We are contemplating playing this game this weekend to give it a try. What do you mean the community is not good, do the okes gang etc or what? Never played this so i have no idea what to expect, but we love games like Dont starve and Minecraft, the added feature of pvp seems awesome to me actually.
    Let's just say people gang together and go raiding other peoples houses, and it helps if you know the admin......

    There are also some bugs which allow people to exploit stuff so they can blow up your house with only 1 explosive.

    So basically you amass some cool stuff, and then your house gets broken and everything stolen, and when you logout you are sleeping on the ground and so you can't even keep stuff on you safe.

    I have started from scratch about 6 times now, it's incredibly frustrating.

    I know this is part of the game, but it just doesn't feel fun missioning hard to get stuff when others just have to know someone who owns the server, and other people that use exploits to get to your stuff.

  8. #8
    Will post for beer Roomys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Durban
    Posts
    3,548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pooky View Post
    Let's just say people gang together and go raiding other peoples houses, and it helps if you know the admin......

    There are also some bugs which allow people to exploit stuff so they can blow up your house with only 1 explosive.

    So basically you amass some cool stuff, and then your house gets broken and everything stolen, and when you logout you are sleeping on the ground and so you can't even keep stuff on you safe.

    I have started from scratch about 6 times now, it's incredibly frustrating.

    I know this is part of the game, but it just doesn't feel fun missioning hard to get stuff when others just have to know someone who owns the server, and other people that use exploits to get to your stuff.
    hmmm ok i see the problem. It is still however on beta i presume. I will look at what it takes to host my own server then and fish out the details here with a white list of course if its available. We have done a minecraft server before on our Hetzner box so i don't see the bandwidth being an issue.

    Will let you know after we tried it on this local server this weekend.

    Edit: hmm might have to scratch that for now, unless i can contact these guys.

    Can I host a server?

    We’re limiting the distribution of the server right now. This is because we don’t know where we’re taking Rust so we want to keep our options open. If we give everyone the server and then change something dramatically some of operators will complain about the change. If we make dramatic changes every week – a lot the operators will complain. And this is what we intend to do.

    The server might be publically available in the future. But right now we’re limiting the distribution to a few select GSP’s.
    “Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You too? I thought I was the only one.”
    ― C.S. Lewis

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roomys View Post
    hmmm ok i see the problem. It is still however on beta i presume. I will look at what it takes to host my own server then and fish out the details here with a white list of course if its available. We have done a minecraft server before on our Hetzner box so i don't see the bandwidth being an issue.

    Will let you know after we tried it on this local server this weekend.

    Edit: hmm might have to scratch that for now, unless i can contact these guys.

    Can I host a server?

    We’re limiting the distribution of the server right now. This is because we don’t know where we’re taking Rust so we want to keep our options open. If we give everyone the server and then change something dramatically some of operators will complain about the change. If we make dramatic changes every week – a lot the operators will complain. And this is what we intend to do.

    The server might be publically available in the future. But right now we’re limiting the distribution to a few select GSP’s.
    That's strange... There are literally thousands of community servers...

    It's only pre-alpha though, and already there's a lot of stuff.

  10. #10
    Will post for beer Roomys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Durban
    Posts
    3,548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pooky View Post
    That's strange... There are literally thousands of community servers...

    It's only pre-alpha though, and already there's a lot of stuff.
    Well i emailed them so will see where it goes.
    “Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You too? I thought I was the only one.”
    ― C.S. Lewis

Similar Threads

  1. Warframe: Official Thread
    By MalicE in forum Gaming Discussions
    Replies: 963
    Last Post: 31-10-2017, 11:16 AM
  2. Official Battlefield 4 Thread
    By R4C3 in forum Gaming Discussions
    Replies: 3216
    Last Post: 11-10-2016, 08:06 AM
  3. Official Wasteland 2 thread
    By Wyzak in forum Gaming Discussions
    Replies: 235
    Last Post: 26-10-2015, 05:33 PM
  4. Defiance - Official Thread
    By Banelight in forum Gaming Discussions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 15-07-2013, 02:29 PM
  5. Official Neverwinter Thread
    By MalicE in forum Gaming Discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 13-07-2013, 08:08 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •