Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Rust: Official Thread

Default Rust: Official Thread

Just wanted to make sure everyone knew about this game. Apparently we have a local server at net.connect 105.227.0.4:28015.

Great stuff. If anyone needs any help just ask.

Hmm, the presence of a local server might just convince me to get this

Guys at the moment I would have to advise not to play on the only ZA server.

The community there is not good it seems unless you know people.

I saw it first hand.

Rather wait until there's another one or play on official ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Pooky View Post

I saw it first hand.

Cool, thanks for the heads up. I'll come check back a bit later to see if this is worth getting. I really don't like playing games with latency. So until everything's sorted, I think I'll hang back a bit.

I saw it first hand.

We are contemplating playing this game this weekend to give it a try. What do you mean the community is not good, do the okes gang etc or what? Never played this so i have no idea what to expect, but we love games like Dont starve and Minecraft, the added feature of pvp seems awesome to me actually.
    “Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You too? I thought I was the only one.”
    ― C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Roomys View Post
    We are contemplating playing this game this weekend to give it a try. What do you mean the community is not good, do the okes gang etc or what? Never played this so i have no idea what to expect, but we love games like Dont starve and Minecraft, the added feature of pvp seems awesome to me actually.
    Let's just say people gang together and go raiding other peoples houses, and it helps if you know the admin......

There are also some bugs which allow people to exploit stuff so they can blow up your house with only 1 explosive.

So basically you amass some cool stuff, and then your house gets broken and everything stolen, and when you logout you are sleeping on the ground and so you can't even keep stuff on you safe.

I have started from scratch about 6 times now, it's incredibly frustrating.

I know this is part of the game, but it just doesn't feel fun missioning hard to get stuff when others just have to know someone who owns the server, and other people that use exploits to get to your stuff.

Let's just say people gang together and go raiding other peoples houses, and it helps if you know the admin......

There are also some bugs which allow people to exploit stuff so they can blow up your house with only 1 explosive.

So basically you amass some cool stuff, and then your house gets broken and everything stolen, and when you logout you are sleeping on the ground and so you can't even keep stuff on you safe.

I have started from scratch about 6 times now, it's incredibly frustrating.

I know this is part of the game, but it just doesn't feel fun missioning hard to get stuff when others just have to know someone who owns the server, and other people that use exploits to get to your stuff.
    hmmm ok i see the problem. It is still however on beta i presume. I will look at what it takes to host my own server then and fish out the details here with a white list of course if its available. We have done a minecraft server before on our Hetzner box so i don't see the bandwidth being an issue.

Will let you know after we tried it on this local server this weekend.

Edit: hmm might have to scratch that for now, unless i can contact these guys.

Can I host a server?

We’re limiting the distribution of the server right now. This is because we don’t know where we’re taking Rust so we want to keep our options open. If we give everyone the server and then change something dramatically some of operators will complain about the change. If we make dramatic changes every week – a lot the operators will complain. And this is what we intend to do.

The server might be publically available in the future. But right now we’re limiting the distribution to a few select GSP’s.
    “Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You too? I thought I was the only one.”
    ― C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Roomys View Post
    hmmm ok i see the problem. It is still however on beta i presume. I will look at what it takes to host my own server then and fish out the details here with a white list of course if its available. We have done a minecraft server before on our Hetzner box so i don't see the bandwidth being an issue.

Will let you know after we tried it on this local server this weekend.

Edit: hmm might have to scratch that for now, unless i can contact these guys.

Can I host a server?

We’re limiting the distribution of the server right now. This is because we don’t know where we’re taking Rust so we want to keep our options open. If we give everyone the server and then change something dramatically some of operators will complain about the change. If we make dramatic changes every week – a lot the operators will complain. And this is what we intend to do.

The server might be publically available in the future. But right now we’re limiting the distribution to a few select GSP’s.
    That's strange... There are literally thousands of community servers...

It's only pre-alpha though, and already there's a lot of stuff.

That's strange... There are literally thousands of community servers...

It's only pre-alpha though, and already there's a lot of stuff.
    Well i emailed them so will see where it goes.
    ― C.S. Lewis