Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Intel will cut staff as PC market suffers

Default Intel will cut staff as PC market suffers

Intel will cut staff as PC market suffers

Intel will trim its workforce by five percent in 2014 as it shifts from personal computers to powering mobile gadgets.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Intel will cut staff as PC market suffers

Intel will trim its workforce by five percent in 2014 as it shifts from personal computers to powering mobile gadgets.
    On a side note, Intel has not really done much in the CPU market lately. Their chips are getting smaller and faster but they seem to be hitting a performance wall, my i5 760 can still play everything I am throwing at it, it's just my GTX560 that is holding it back.

Quote Originally Posted by Glordit View Post
    On a side note, Intel has not really done much in the CPU market lately. Their chips are getting smaller and faster but they seem to be hitting a performance wall, my i5 760 can still play everything I am throwing at it, it's just my GTX560 that is holding it back.
    Yeah CPUs seem to have semi-peaked i.t.o requirements. I think it'll get hectic again once high end APU start gaining traction.

Quote Originally Posted by HavocXphere View Post
    Yeah CPUs seem to have semi-peaked i.t.o requirements. I think it'll get hectic again once high end APU start gaining traction.
    Yes Apu"s are the next big thing AMD has the leg up by having provided both next gen consoles with there chips.

Quote Originally Posted by XbatousaiX View Post
    Yes Apu"s are the next big thing AMD has the leg up by having provided both next gen consoles with there chips.
    Intel has always managed to use any means to get ahead in the Processing field. I'm looking forward to their next generation quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Glordit View Post
    jip fully agree but what intel has been doing is making processors that use less energy to do it. that is good for laptops but bit pointless on desktops. maybe in the near future we can get laptops that give desktop performance but does not kill the battery in hours.

Well i have always been an AMD fanboy and i am on my first intel processor now for the past 2 years i5 2320 quad cpu and i must say i'm happy with it but i like amd still and that's why i'm looking into going amd fx cpu round about march for a new upgrade.

And if Intel is starting to downsize and amd not does that mean amd has finally come back into the top of the cpu war and that they are doing better than intel atm?

Assassin of Accountants Ike_009's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlienTaker View Post
    Well i have always been an AMD fanboy and i am on my first intel processor now for the past 2 years i5 2320 quad cpu and i must say i'm happy with it but i like amd still and that's why i'm looking into going amd fx cpu round about march for a new upgrade.

And if Intel is starting to downsize and amd not does that mean amd has finally come back into the top of the cpu war and that they are doing better than intel atm?
    You can't read that much into an Intel staff downsize. The markets changing and it might just be easy to lose staff in dead ends, bring back efficiency and focus on their new roadmap. At a 5 billion profit though I doubt cutting costs is the reason for the downsizing though.
    My ignore list: n/a

Ike i understand your point but it does make you wonder (and hope) a bit intel has had the top for too long

Assassin of Accountants Ike_009's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlienTaker View Post
    Ike i understand your point but it does make you wonder (and hope) a bit intel has had the top for too long
    But intel has had the top spot for good reason, however I think intel is moving to laptops and tablets and I think they and AMD are moving in very different directions. Will be interesting for desktop gaming.
    My ignore list: n/a