Page 1 of 46 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: CS:GO official discussion thread

Default CS:GO official discussion thread

Scoured the forums, and couldn't find a thread dedicated to Counter Strike:Global Offensive, so I've started one!

I've always been a fan of MMO's and MOBA's, and basically tried to steer away from the FPS genre. That was until this gem went on sale in the Steam Store.

I've played nothing else for the past two weeks. As my first FPS, it's been a major learning curve, but I'm slowing getting the hang of it. I spend a lot of time on the local Casual and Competitive servers, and Deathmatch occasionally to sharpen my (non-existent) skills.

I tried out the official Competitive servers, and found that I enjoy the 5v5 setup a lot more than the general mess that happens in the 24v24 on the local servers. I managed to get my Operation:Bravo coin to Silver, and was genuinely surprised when my ranking was eventually shown: Silver II! That's slightly better than total nub, I think? My favourite map at the moment is de_dust2 - probably cause it's the map everyone wants to play ALL the time, so I've just had a boatload of games on it now.

Anyway, what have been your experiences with CS:GO, what are your strategies, do you run in Comp games or just play Casual on the local servers, what's your ranking, etc?

Fire away!

I play casual sometimes when I feel like losing.

Played abit casually, not as much as i should play...

Want to feel some of the 1.6 nostalgia

It's my chill game. Whenever I feel a bit stressed or such, I start a game and kill bots. I've unlocked 56/167 achievements, just by offing bots.

Stupid question, how do you get to use those awesome customs weapon skins?

Quote Originally Posted by VirtualForce View Post
    It's my chill game. Whenever I feel a bit stressed or such, I start a game and kill bots. I've unlocked 56/167 achievements, just by offing bots.

Stupid question, how do you get to use those awesome customs weapon skins?
    Play on any server they are rewarded randomly at the end of every round. You could get a case or a gun.
    Another option is to buy them for the market, less popular guns start at 5c and go up to $100+ for a factory new rare model.

I find competative better, as people tend to play with more of a tactical sense. Can easily end up with $1200 at the 6th round buy a gun and wing it without kevlar or buy kevlar and use a pistol?

I cant play on casual anymore, it feels like the guns have less power, and people are not prone to use team tactics, I will only play on casual if the comp servers are full. Havent tried match making yet, I should give it a try.
    Last edited by Glordit; 21-01-2014 at 01:26 PM.

Any counterstrike is my favourite, I tend to play it offline with bots alot on my laptop. We even LAN it at work on weekends.

I still suck, so cannot and dont wanna play online as I get raped real bad.
    4690k @4.5ghz |CM SEIDON 120V PLUS |CM HAF 932 |ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer | 16GB DDR3 | 2x Saphire RX480 Nitro+ OC| 2x256GB SSD RAID0 | 850w Corsair PSU

I played quite a bit of it with my friends. Played the competitive matches and got my ranking to Silver 3 I think, it's a lot of fun and you can have some tense matches, nothing quite like turning a match around from losing 3-14 to winning it 16-14. Only thing about competitive is the 200ms ping but the game is coded well and you barely notice it in most situations.

Why do I play with a 9ms ping and never have hitmarkers while some okes pull a insta-headshot with an AK47, no hassle?

Is there a method to this?

Quote Originally Posted by Stunt View Post
    Why do I play with a 9ms ping and never have hitmarkers while some okes pull a insta-headshot with an AK47, no hassle?

Is there a method to this?
    HAX!

Nah, they practice.. practice makes prefect. Even I got some lucky headshots a few times. AK47 and the M13 seems to be favorites in the CS world
    4690k @4.5ghz |CM SEIDON 120V PLUS |CM HAF 932 |ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer | 16GB DDR3 | 2x Saphire RX480 Nitro+ OC| 2x256GB SSD RAID0 | 850w Corsair PSU

Quote Originally Posted by blaaislaai View Post
    HAX!

Nah, they practice.. practice makes prefect. Even I got some lucky headshots a few times. AK47 and the M13 seems to be favorites in the CS world
    I just wish you could ADS, then I'd love this game and find it more fair. I keep going Scout and AWP just to be able to pin-point aim.