Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: YouTubers paid to play nice with Xbox One

Default Microsoft paying video bloggers

This story broke at arstechnica link below

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...39028358707511

That's not the case, however. According to a leaked copy of the full legal agreement behind the promotion, video creators "may not say anything negative or disparaging about Machinima, Xbox One, or any of its Games" and must keep the details of the promotional agreement confidential in order to qualify for payment. In other words, to get the money, video makers have to speak positively (or at least neutrally) about the Xbox One, and t
    hey can't say they're being paid to do so.

There was a video recently by one of the Machinima partners (think it was posted on mygaming) ousting them for their shoddy business practices.

Microsoft seem to be getting pretty desperate. What happened to letting the quality of your product speak for itself?

I think this has serious implications concerning the game'ing press can we trust reviews any more.Very shady practice does not do Microsoft's image any good.

Quote Originally Posted by brendanvb View Post
    Microsoft seem to be getting pretty desperate. What happened to letting the quality of your product speak for itself?
    They probably just want to secure good ratings/reviews.
    4690k @4.5ghz |CM SEIDON 120V PLUS |CM HAF 932 |ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer | 16GB DDR3 | 2x Saphire RX480 Nitro+ OC| 2x256GB SSD RAID0 | 850w Corsair PSU

Quote Originally Posted by blaaislaai View Post
    They probably just want to secure good ratings/reviews.
    That's all good and fine but they shouldn't be paying for it. I guess this is what the gaming world has come to though. Good press and reviews are paid for.

That's all good and fine but they shouldn't be paying for it. I guess this is what the gaming world has come to though. Good press and reviews are paid for.
    Have to agree with you... Why they are so concerned about this im not sure, they have a great line up of games coming out, and the X-Box 1 is a formidable machine... Take the good press with the bad... Not everyone is going to speak positively about the X-Box, and quite honestly id be surprised if they did...

LOL, the Sony fanboy in me is laughing so hard right now!
    Microsoft go from one cock up to another, I love it
    "All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible."

- T.E. Lawrence

Gone out the door the moment they hired PR companies to monitor and post and vote on social media as if they happy users of their products. Remember the crap it created when some of em was caught on reddit only posting good things about xbox and downvoting negative posts to oblivion.

Guess you can now safely say that loads of other companies are doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Dude View Post
    LOL, the Sony fanboy in me is laughing so hard right now!
    Microsoft go from one cock up to another, I love it
    Sadly as I said above, Sony most probably also doing it, just find that people hate them less and hence the agreements do not leak.

I'm really curious to see what sales figures will look like 6 months down the line. Sony seems to get all the good press while, as Duke Dude so accurately expressed it, "Microsoft go from one cock up to another".
    I'm seeing shades of a one sided fight in the order of original Xbox vs PS2.

I wonder how long it will be before MS starts cutting the price of the XBone to chase up sales.
    One day, I'll grow up and become responsible.
    Probably not today.