Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition PS4 and Xbox One Has Different Devs

Default Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition PS4 and Xbox One Has Different Devs

Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition has different developers on PS4 and Xbox One, one of the studios involved has revealed.

NeoGAF noticed that Nixxes outed itself as the main development force behind the revamped release of the game on PS4, while it also lent help when needed to Sleeping Dogs creator United Front Games with the Xbox One version.

"Nixxes Software is proud to announce that it has been working on the Playstation 4 version for the recent announced Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition," the studio revealed. "In addition to converting the game to Playstation 4, Nixxes Software provided support to United Front Games, the developer responsible for the Xbox ONE version of the game."

It also confirmed that the DualShock 4's lightbar will light up red and orange when using the torch, and will flash when you shoot. The Xbox One version, meanwhile, will allow you to use Kinect to change weapons and attachments, as well as navigate menus using your voice. You'll also be able to rotate and inspect relics using hand gestures.

The news comes on the heels of yesterday's announcement that the game runs at 1080p 60fps on PS4, with rumours suggesting it's closer to 30fps on Xbox One.

Source : IGN

I wonder if the Xbone's 30fps is then a result of less optimization? Did a quick google on United Front Games and it doesn't look like they've had any experience working on AAA titles (unless Sleeping Dogs is AAA?).

There's a GIF for that MetalSoup's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brendanvb View Post
    I wonder if the Xbone's 30fps is then a result of less optimization? Did a quick google on United Front Games and it doesn't look like they've had any experience working on AAA titles (unless Sleeping Dogs is AAA?).
    Sleeping Dogs is definitely AAA.

Quote Originally Posted by brendanvb View Post
    I wonder if the Xbone's 30fps is then a result of less optimization?
    xbone is just plain weaker. Not by much...but it is.

Quote Originally Posted by HavocXphere View Post
    xbone is just plain weaker. Not by much...but it is.
    i suspect some devs havent started fully utilising the esram yet !

Quote Originally Posted by Dohc-WP View Post
    i suspect some devs havent started fully utilising the esram yet !
    Perhaps. I suspect we'll see broadly similar optimization gains on both consoles though & thus the xbone will continue to fall behind.

If I'm wrong on that front then that would indicate a bright future for APUs though. (Which imo is going to happen anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by HavocXphere View Post
    Perhaps. I suspect we'll see broadly similar optimization gains on both consoles though & thus the xbone will continue to fall behind.

If I'm wrong on that front then that would indicate a bright future for APUs though. (Which imo is going to happen anyway).
    Exactly you always here about xbox fans saying they haven't utilized this and that, but remember that both machines are made by amd so do people think that xbox is going to get performance gains over the playstation4.Whatever gains are made by devs on xbox can easily be applied to ps4 because of the similar architecture's.

This seems to me to be a good decision for the product if not necessarily a financially sound one. It at least ensures that each product is properly optimized for each system.

People don't realise just how much performance those extra shader units provide. I'm not surprised the PS4 is outperforming the Xbox One in multiplat games and you can expect that gap to get wider as time moves on.

Quote Originally Posted by XbatousaiX View Post
    Exactly you always here about xbox fans saying they haven't utilized this and that, but remember that both machines are made by amd so do people think that xbox is going to get performance gains over the playstation4.Whatever gains are made by devs on xbox can easily be applied to ps4 because of the similar architecture's.
    Correction ! only the CPU's are MADE by AMD and the cpu's are not exactly alike in both systems.