Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PS4 price to increase in SA due to weak rand

Default PS4 price to increase in SA due to weak rand

PS4 price to increase in SA due to weak rand

PlayStation 4 will be getting a price hike in South Africa

I've seen the new R6799 price on Takealot already. All these price hikes are seriously depressing. I was hoping for a cheaper generation than the PS3's was, but I guess it's only the US that is getting that

surprised it took so long. the Rand has been doing badly for a while now. also, do not expect the prices to come down one the Rand improves... this damage could be very long term

Glad I got my PS4 on release .

Such wonderful news for a friday (coupled with everything else like the tax that we'll have to pay for digital purchases too).
    I guess our biggest fear should be with the rand weakening even further instead of getting stronger again - kinda hard to be an optimist right now though.

Quote Originally Posted by Deceptor View Post
    Glad I got my PS4 on release .
    yes rather sooner than later anyone sitting on the fence better pull there finger out and buy one if you can.You can't bank on a currency rebound.

Oh how I envy Wenzdayz right now...
    If you die in an elevator, be sure to push the Up button.

4690k @4.5ghz |CM SEIDON 120V PLUS |CM HAF 932 |ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer | 16GB DDR3 | 2x Saphire RX480 Nitro+ OC| 2x256GB SSD RAID0 | 850w Corsair PSU

Quote Originally Posted by blaaislaai View Post
    Thats a great price jeez!

Also the wenzday envy still looms... Im gona hit up a PS+ subscription for the time being...

Quote Originally Posted by Vixremento View Post
    Such wonderful news for a friday (coupled with everything else like the tax that we'll have to pay for digital purchases too).
    I guess our biggest fear should be with the rand weakening even further instead of getting stronger again - kinda hard to be an optimist right now though.
    Unlikely imo. I doubt its going to weak further...pretty sure its going to stay at the current [email protected] rate for a while though. Prepare to pay a fortune for your rigs going forward...

Also...the above assumes no politicians open their mouth and say something ridiculously stupid. Not the safest of assumptions tbh