Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Burger King Centurion

Default Burger King Centurion

So Burger King opened the weekend in centurion who that lives there has gone to taste the food and what are your thoughts?

The lack of bacon in Cape Town was disturbing. If it is the same here they can go and screw themselves.
    T A N S T A A F L

Quote Originally Posted by czc View Post
    The lack of bacon in Cape Town was disturbing. If it is the same here they can go and screw themselves.
    Burger King has apparently said that it will be halaal wherever they open shop in SA. So no bacon on any of their burgers or in any of their shops. It's their choice I suppose, but also my choice to say they won't get any sales from me. Steers will remain the preferred choice for the foreseeable future

Haven't had burger king here, but have had overseas. Slightly different to MacDonald's. Really nothing special.

Steers FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by AlienTaker View Post
    So Burger King opened the weekend in centurion who that lives there has gone to taste the food and what are your thoughts?
    So it looks like they have a few more opening soon too (if they're not already open)...waiting for one to open a little closer to home before I try it at least once or twice - the lack of bacon does seem a bit of a downer though but I guess there are at least alternatives to tried out.

Looking at their menu though it does make me wonder how they compare to steers in terms of price and 'taste'. As an example from their menu they have this:
    BIG KING XXL Meal Large R64,90
    How would this compare to the King Steer burger (in terms of quantity, quality and overall value for money)?

Dammit now I'm hungry though...and I have to say that the King Steer burger looks a lot more appetising from the images than the Burger King one does (but maybe I'm just not looking at the right 'whopper or whatever'...the double whopper though looks like a flat whopper lol).
    Name:  Mighty King Steer.jpg
Views: 470
Size:  45.5 KB
    vs
    Name:  double whopper.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  50.1 KB

I was looking at that and thinking, "Damn, they stepped up their game" then I saw the small vs. :P

With those pics you made me hungry now and i'm sitting ate work guess i'll give it a go this weekend if the lines aren't going out into the road again.

Quote Originally Posted by McT View Post
    Burger King has apparently said that it will be halaal wherever they open shop in SA. So no bacon on any of their burgers or in any of their shops. It's their choice I suppose, but also my choice to say they won't get any sales from me. Steers will remain the preferred choice for the foreseeable future

I'm not that fond of Steers these days, I've found that Burger Perfect is better

I've had Burger King in England back in the day and it really wasn't anything worth writing home about.

I agree with Matt, Burger Perfect is better than both Steers and Burger King.

Assassin of Accountants Ike_009's Avatar

Default Burger King Centurion

Meh, Burger King is overrated
    My ignore list: n/a