Thread: The Evil Within launch date announced

Default The Evil Within Release Date Announced - Survival Horror Returns on 26/08/14

Resident Evil creator's new horror game for Xbox One, PS4 arrives this August

The Evil Within from Shinji Mikami and Bethesda launching this summer for Xbox 360, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, and PC.

The Evil Within, a return-to-roots horror game from Resident Evil creator Shinji Mikami, will launch across consoles and PC on August 26 in North America. A release in Europe will follow on August 29. The game is coming to Xbox 360, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, and PC

Developed by Mikami and his team at Tango Gameworks, The Evil Within will be published by Fallout and Elder Scrolls publisher Bethesda Softworks, which also owns Tango Gameworks.

The Evil Within has been designed to make players feel powerless. Ammo will be scarce, enemies won't go down easily, and corridors will be narrow. It's all part of getting back to the roots of the survival horror genre, according to Mikami.

"Really, I'm making this game just because it's fun to scare people," Mikami said in July. "Instead of trying to introduce new ideas, I want to return to survival horror's roots. We've strayed from that. I want to explore fear again, and that sense of overcoming fear, one that's unique to games."
    Seriously looking forward to this game. I hope it's not all talk and that it is genuinely scary.

From the trailers I've seen, it looks legit.

But I am steering clear of this one for that reason.

I have high hopes for this game hopefully it delivers.Looks very promising from what I have seen of it.

Default The Evil Within launch date announced

The Evil Within launch date revealed

Shinji Mikami’s next survival-horror outing is one step closer to making your nightmares come true.

sigh...I've just used up my supply of man-nappies playing Outlast

Looks like it's going to be awesome.

There's a GIF for that MetalSoup's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    The Evil Within launch date revealed

Shinji Mikami’s next survival-horror outing is one step closer to making your nightmares come true.
    I see what he did there with the name. Very clever.