You should join our great gaming community

Register now
You should subscribe to our free MyGaming newsletter


Page 63 of 73 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 ... LastLast
Results 621 to 630 of 727

Thread: Dark Souls

  1. #621
    No Hobbits Allowed Isengard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    8,409
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Achievements Taking The Plunge

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StaggerLee View Post
    I'll probably go for PC as it's the most accessible for me. I could go for PS3 if necessary because that's the only console I own.

    It is my first souls experience, yes.

    Note: I use a controller on PC too for most games, especially those that were originally designed for console so the controls will not be a barrier on PC.
    If you're going PC there are a view caveats if you get DS1. You will need a mod to get the game to run at 1080p, if you're using a Xbox controller there is a bug where there is a forward deadzone that will make you walk instead of run (really annoying new bug).

    Honestly I'd play DS1 on PS3, it's a better PvE experience than DS2, but mechanically DS2 is better.
    0
     

  2. #622
    BeoTeK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Firelink Shrine
    Posts
    11,881
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    657 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Achievements Taking The Plunge
    Awards Member of the Year - Voted by the community.

    Default

    @StaggerLee

    I can confirm this is a solid game. Though as the article depicts, it is not a true Souls game, in that Miyazaki was not actively involved in the direction of the game (and it shows, if you know the series). That being said, it's the most accessible of the franchise, allowing for new players to ease into it and come to terms with the mechanics. It's still a great game and I have spent close on 500 hours with my PS3 version. And with all the DLC now included (among other additions and changes) I think it's really worth the const vs content.

    There may be a few characters and references to characters from Dark Souls that you may not quite understand, but it's fine as the current "story" kinda holds it's own. Though the story per se is more about lore, so be ready to read item descriptions, look at world details and character dialogue very carefully if you care at all to piece together and to make your own judgments in terms of what you believe to be the story. This is what I love about it, I can argue this because of that and your take on the same subject might differ.

    This is not a game that will hold your hand, the general consensus is very vague. You will not see a giant exclamation mark pointing to where you need to go or what you have to do. This is the beauty of it. You could literally end up going into areas from the start that are best suited for a 50 level character, it can be done though. I could talk for hours on these games, but I think that should sum up what you want to know.
    0
     

  3. #623
    StaggerLee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Behind the boerewors curtain
    Posts
    1,750
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Achievements Taking The Plunge
    Awards MyGame Challenge 6: Spec Ops: The Line - Had an encounter with Willie Pete.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Isengard View Post
    If you're going PC there are a view caveats if you get DS1. You will need a mod to get the game to run at 1080p, if you're using a Xbox controller there is a bug where there is a forward deadzone that will make you walk instead of run (really annoying new bug).

    Honestly I'd play DS1 on PS3, it's a better PvE experience than DS2, but mechanically DS2 is better.
    Quote Originally Posted by BeoTeK View Post
    @StaggerLee

    I can confirm this is a solid game. Though as the article depicts, it is not a true Souls game, in that Miyazaki was not actively involved in the direction of the game (and it shows, if you know the series). That being said, it's the most accessible of the franchise, allowing for new players to ease into it and come to terms with the mechanics. It's still a great game and I have spent close on 500 hours with my PS3 version. And with all the DLC now included (among other additions and changes) I think it's really worth the const vs content.

    There may be a few characters and references to characters from Dark Souls that you may not quite understand, but it's fine as the current "story" kinda holds it's own. Though the story per se is more about lore, so be ready to read item descriptions, look at world details and character dialogue very carefully if you care at all to piece together and to make your own judgments in terms of what you believe to be the story. This is what I love about it, I can argue this because of that and your take on the same subject might differ.

    This is not a game that will hold your hand, the general consensus is very vague. You will not see a giant exclamation mark pointing to where you need to go or what you have to do. This is the beauty of it. You could literally end up going into areas from the start that are best suited for a 50 level character, it can be done though. I could talk for hours on these games, but I think that should sum up what you want to know.
    Thanks to both of you. I probably will go for DSII on PC with the DLC, unless I can find DSI on the cheap on PS3. Thanks for the advice
    0
     

  4. #624
    Edelweiss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    cape town
    Posts
    2,413
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Achievements Taking The Plunge

    Default

    Just bought Demon's Souls and dl'ed it overnight! Woohoo here I goooo.
    Any advice/tips for this game?
    That's just like, your opinion, man.

    WIN FREE SCHIT!! --> justplay.co.za
    0
     

  5. #625
    BeoTeK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Firelink Shrine
    Posts
    11,881
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    657 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Achievements Taking The Plunge
    Awards Member of the Year - Voted by the community.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edelweiss View Post
    Just bought Demon's Souls and dl'ed it overnight! Woohoo here I goooo.
    Any advice/tips for this game?
    Be patient!
    0
     

  6. #626
    No Hobbits Allowed Isengard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    8,409
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Achievements Taking The Plunge

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BeoTeK View Post
    Be patient!
    Best tip you'll ever get!
    0
     

  7. #627
    BeoTeK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Firelink Shrine
    Posts
    11,881
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    657 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Achievements Taking The Plunge
    Awards Member of the Year - Voted by the community.

    Default

    lol
    @Edelweiss
    It's a tough game and the menus are clunky, but oh so rewarding. It's..... difficult!
    0
     

  8. #628
    Edelweiss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    cape town
    Posts
    2,413
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Achievements Taking The Plunge

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BeoTeK View Post
    lol
    @Edelweiss
    It's a tough game and the menus are clunky, but oh so rewarding. It's..... difficult!
    I don't mind really.. loving it at the moment!
    I'm always really picky about how my character looks so spent some time with that..
    Finally went with a Southern looking Barbarian name Uncle Meat.

    Surprised people still play this game.
    That's just like, your opinion, man.

    WIN FREE SCHIT!! --> justplay.co.za
    0
     

  9. #629
    Dakka Dakka DCWarhound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    I'm the 'who' when you ask 'who's there?'!!
    Posts
    3,711
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

    Default

    Connection to reality could not be established,please try again later
    0
     

  10. #630
    BeoTeK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Firelink Shrine
    Posts
    11,881
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    657 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Achievements Taking The Plunge
    Awards Member of the Year - Voted by the community.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DCWarhound View Post
    .
    love it!

    \[T]/
    0
     

Similar Threads

  1. Dark Souls PC 60 fps mod
    By James in forum Gaming News Articles
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-04-2015, 08:29 AM
  2. Dark Souls II
    By Duke Dude in forum Gaming Discussions
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 14-03-2014, 10:03 AM
  3. Dark Souls and Dark Sales
    By Necuno in forum Gaming Discussions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 29-04-2013, 04:24 PM
  4. So who's getting Dark Souls?
    By Isengard in forum Gaming Discussions
    Replies: 293
    Last Post: 30-08-2012, 12:24 PM
  5. Dark Souls will look better on PS3
    By Tinman in forum Gaming News Articles
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-06-2011, 11:10 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •