Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Steam data required

Question Steam data required

I started the same thread on MyBB but was told to do it here too:

Hi all,

So I got COD: Ghosts via Steam! I need to get the data (and MP data) via HDD - is anyone in Somerset West/Strand area able to help me please?

I'm at my GF till like Wednesday and their internet is only a 1MB MWEB and it's dead slow!

Please guys!
    If you able to help, can you PM me?

Thread closed.

Thanks to those who offered.
    I went to a internet cafe in Somerset Mall and they gave me the data files but I had to pay R90.

They charged you R90 for free data, wow scum.

Quote Originally Posted by MOnk View Post
    They charged you R90 for free data, wow scum.
    They are just trying to make a living. I understand their reasoning. Though R90 is probably a bit much.

sorry, I don't get what the R90 was for?

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoFish View Post
    sorry, I don't get what the R90 was for?
    To download the data for ghosts from steam
    4690k @4.5ghz |CM SEIDON 120V PLUS |CM HAF 932 |ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer | 16GB DDR3 | 2x Saphire RX480 Nitro+ OC| 2x256GB SSD RAID0 | 850w Corsair PSU

Ghosts data was 32GB and I am at my girlfriend in Somerset West. They have a 1MB line with MWEB and top speeds I was getting was 80KB/sec.
    I couldn't wait a week to get it so I went to the internet cafe in Somerset Mall and asked them to give me the data.
    I agree the R90 was a bit steep but look, I weighed up my pros and cons of the amount and just accepted it.

Thanks to all the offers for assistance (via PM) but so many of you were NO WHERE close to Somerset West.

I know the Data is probably uncapped but R3.00 per Gig is actually not bad if you consider their overheads at the Cafe...

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    I know the Data is probably uncapped but R3.00 per Gig is actually not bad if you consider their overheads at the Cafe...
    You know they charged him to copy the files to his harddrive from their computer, not to download it from the Steam servers? They already had the game on their PCs. It comes part and parcel with running an internet cafe.