Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Achievements Taking The Plunge
    Trophies Firestarter The finest threads Poll position

Quote Originally Posted by B1nary View Post
    Can Someone from mygaming find out whats cooking with this? I mean is Kalahari going to honor these purchases or not? I wonder if they can even track who used them where at this point.
    I'm on it.

It sounds like their system is flawed if it cannot differentiate customer specific voucher codes.

IMO, it shouldn't be the customer's responsibility to check voucher codes they come across, regardless of what their terms and conditions say (who ever reads that anyway?). To blame the customer when your systems aren't designed properly is poor to say the least.

Let's see what their rep replies to me with.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    I'm on it.
    Me too

// Previously known as Blind Faith or Pr⊕phet
    // Sign up to Greenman Gaming and get $2 FREE in-store credit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Note How Kalahari distinguishes between Vouchers and Coupons.

Vouchers & Coupons

Kalahari may make physical and/or electronic gift vouchers (“Vouchers”), as well as electronic promotional coupons (“Coupons”) available on the Website from time to time. Vouchers and Coupons can only be redeemed while they are valid (their expiry dates being unable to be extended), and on the Website towards the purchase of Kalahari products. More specifically:

Gift Vouchers

Physical Vouchers can be purchased and will be delivered in the same way that Kalahari products are, either on their own or together with other products. However, if you place any electronic Vouchers in your shopping basket with other goods, the system will split the basket contents into two orders (one for the goods, and one for the electronic Voucher/s). Payment for the electronic Voucher/s will also be obtained from the bank immediately.

Vouchers cannot be –

used to purchase other Vouchers or Coupons;
    used to purchase Marketplace Sellers’ products (even if the latter are included in a shopping basket containing Kalahari products);
    exchanged for cash; or
    transferred or assigned to any other person once already partially redeemed towards a purchase.

Please note that certain Vouchers may be product-specific in that they can only be used to purchase specific Kalahari products listed on the Website. For example, although general Vouchers can be used to purchase any Kalahari products on the Website (including eBooks), eBook Vouchers can only be used to purchase eBooks on the Website.
    Promotional Coupons

Coupons are issued electronically at Kalahari’s own discretion. Users do not have a right to Coupons and Coupons cannot be earned. Coupons are issued under specific terms and conditions regulating when and how they may be used. As a general rule, and unless specified otherwise on the specific Coupon itself –

a Coupon can only be used with promotional offers on the Website;
    only one Coupon can be used per shopping basket; and
    the value of the Coupon will be set off against the value of your shopping basket and the balance remaining, if any, will be payable by you. Please note the following exception in this regard: should the value of the products in your shopping basket have qualified for ‘Free Delivery’, but after application of the Coupon to such basket, the remaining balance is less than the value required in order to qualify for Free Delivery, delivery costs in respect of such basket will be added and be payable by you.

Note that Coupons cannot be –

used to purchase other Vouchers or Coupons;
    used to purchase Marketplace Sellers’ products (even if the latter are included in a shopping basket containing Kalahari products);
    exchanged for cash; or
    transferred or assigned to any other person.
    In other words I cannot see them complain about stacking them.
    Last edited by hideinlight; 26-02-2014 at 03:16 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Quote Originally Posted by brendanvb View Post
    Same here. I prefer Takealot but made use of them for the gaming deals they had earlier this week in addition to the discount vouchers. I still had to pay substantial amounts for the 2 games I bought so I don't feel like I did anything wrong. If an apple is marked R5 in a store they can't charge you R10 at the till, so similarly I don't see how they can punish customers by retracting the discounts because there was a flaw in their system?
    Same here, mainly a takealot customer. The problem comes in with some people exploiting the system, buying vouchers with vouchers (or something like that), creating duplicate accounts and basically scoring over and over. Agreed that their system is flawed though, so can't see them denying some while others got theirs. Maybe just the duplicate accounts using the same credit card or so.

That's why we can't have nice things because there's always that one element taking advantage for own personal gain and spoiling it for the rest.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    That's why we can't have nice things because there's always that one element taking advantage for own personal gain and spoiling it for the rest.
    My sentiments exactly. Hopefully James/Necuno get some clarification about what's going to happen. I've not had any contact from Kalahari and my orders still reflect the discounts so hopefully it stays that way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards Threadkiller - Got the last word in.

Quote Originally Posted by Necuno View Post
    Me too

Good to see you have some time for us
    Evil meet my Sword. Sword, meet Evil!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    Same here, mainly a takealot customer. The problem comes in with some people exploiting the system, buying vouchers with vouchers (or something like that), creating duplicate accounts and basically scoring over and over. Agreed that their system is flawed though, so can't see them denying some while others got theirs. Maybe just the duplicate accounts using the same credit card or so.

I'm on the edge of calling this an exploit, since all I see here is a System completely in disconnect with itself.
    What I read on how it should function is completely to opposite of how it's currently functioning.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Crzwaco View Post
    Good to see you have some time for us
    I can't help it... its a trap:

1) Drama, scandal, related
    2) Streisand effect

[email protected]#! I should get back to work now
    // Previously known as Blind Faith or Pr⊕phet
    // Sign up to Greenman Gaming and get $2 FREE in-store credit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards MyGame Challenge 5: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - Faced down the Tuatha Deohn and unravelled the mysteries of Fate.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    I'm on it.

It sounds like their system is flawed if it cannot differentiate customer specific voucher codes.

IMO, it shouldn't be the customer's responsibility to check voucher codes they come across, regardless of what their terms and conditions say (who ever reads that anyway?). To blame the customer when your systems aren't designed properly is poor to say the least.

Let's see what their rep replies to me with.
    Thanks James