Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Achievements Taking The Plunge

Default Watching Watch Dogs' graphical downgrade - videos inside

Watch Dogs then and now: a controversy brews

A controversy has erupted over the “downgrade” of Watch Dogs graphics – but should we be surprised?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards MyGame Challenge 8: Darksiders - Horseman of the Apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 6: Spec Ops: The Line - Had an encounter with Willie Pete. MyGame Challenge 4: Grim Dawn - Survived the aetherial apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 2: Borderlands 2 - They're weak to bullets, minion! MyGame Challenge 1: Dark Souls - Achievement Unlocked: You Died. Lots of times. But you somehow finished the game.

I must be getting old because it's only some effects that seem to be downgraded and some parts actually look better in the new PS4 footage. I don't see what the fuss is about. The biggest differences are some lighting differences but that's all I can see.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

I think it's not necessarily a downgrade; however I believe the 1st demo was the Ultra PC version whereas this is the PS4/High graphic setting .

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards Member of the Year - Voted by the community. Threadkiller - Got the last word in.
    Trophies Friend zone

You guys...

Not to say the game doesn't look good...It just doesn't look next gen anymore which is what they were shouting about at E3...So they effectively showed us this is what the game will look like and bragged about being graphically amazing..1000's of people pre ordered it (I am guilty of this as well) and now the new vid looks nothing like the E3 one..not even close.

Also before anyone jumps in and says game play is way more important than graphics bla bla bla...Ubisoft were the ones making a huge deal about the graphics.

I honestly wish I didn't pre order and pay for this...I am sure the game will be amazing...but shit like this fucks me right off.
    Eat - Sleep - Overclock - Repeat

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards Threadkiller - Got the last word in.

Quote Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
    You guys...

Not to say the game doesn't look good...It just doesn't look next gen anymore which is what they were shouting about at E3...So they effectively showed us this is what the game will look like and bragged about being graphically amazing..1000's of people pre ordered it (I am guilty of this as well) and now the new vid looks nothing like the E3 one..not even close.

Also before anyone jumps in and says game play is way more important than graphics bla bla bla...Ubisoft were the ones making a huge deal about the graphics.

I honestly wish I didn't pre order and pay for this...I am sure the game will be amazing...but shit like this fucks me right off.
    Already canceled my preorder for the game. Will do the wait and see tactic again because you know still loads of people will buy it.
    Evil meet my Sword. Sword, meet Evil!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Crzwaco View Post
    Already canceled my preorder for the game. Will do the wait and see tactic again because you know still loads of people will buy it.
    Really? You don't even wait for confirmation or for Ubisoft to say something? I suspect it's a storm in a teacup and is explained by the difference between consoles and PC.
    When an anti-piracy method is affecting the game for people who legitimately bought it and causing other people not to buy the game, there is obviously something wrong with it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards Member of the Year - Voted by the community. Threadkiller - Got the last word in.
    Trophies Friend zone

Quote Originally Posted by Wyzak View Post
    Really? You don't even wait for confirmation or for Ubisoft to say something? I suspect it's a storm in a teacup and is explained by the difference between consoles and PC.
    Ubisoft already said that gameplay matter more than graphics..I'll try find the quote..
    So they don't give a shit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Quote Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
    Ubisoft already said that gameplay matter more than graphics..I'll try find the quote..
    So they don't give a shit.
    I wholeheartedly agree with their statement, gameplay is far more important than graphics. But they also said this
    Ubisoft has hit back, saying that there is no visual downgrade on the game, that it is delivering on its vision, and that the PC version will in many ways be better than the E3 2012 build that first grabbed our attention.

The game’s creative director, Jonathan Morin, has said that the latest story trailer is not a good graphical reference for the game, although it is also confirmed that the trailer footage was running on PS4 – so this doesn’t quite make sense.
    Which heavily hints that the differences are between a PC running it on max and a PS4.
    When an anti-piracy method is affecting the game for people who legitimately bought it and causing other people not to buy the game, there is obviously something wrong with it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Trophies Friend zone

Quote Originally Posted by Wyzak View Post
    I wholeheartedly agree with their statement, gameplay is far more important than graphics. But they also said this

Which heavily hints that the differences are between a PC running it on max and a PS4.
    PS4...Next Gen...
    Watch Dogs...Current Gen graphics...

The point is the lied. Like pretty much all developers do...If I bought a PS4 to play WatchDogs I would be incredibly fucked off now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

I completely agree that gameplay is better than graphic, but you can definitely see the difference in the comparison video, still looks great though.