Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Playfire Rewards Thread

Default Playfire Rewards Thread

BIG EDITS, MAYBE GOOD TO RE-READ

SO this thread is all about getting good bang for buck by playing games that are being rewarded on Playfire, which will either get you a free game or even turn a profit, just for playing it.

For ALL the current rewards playfire are offering, go here and click the first link. New rewards every weekday, so check often!

For now I'm keeping the ended rewards so that people can see what they've missed, and to sorta show something, as I think there'll be a few dry times.

Sign up to GreenmanGaming here (referral link, we both get $2 after you've spent $2 on your account)
    If you prefer to help Eugene instead of me, here is HIS referral link, also found in his sig

Sign up to Playfire here or if you wanna add me as friend automatically afterwards, here

(keep note of pound (Alt 156) and dollar differences)
    Legend:
    % = TRADING CARDS EXIST

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March Of War is F2P on Steam
    and has the following rewards until Wednesday 18 June @ 01:59AM:

March of War - play for the first time - £0.10
    March of War - unlock Fought the Dragon - £0.10
    March of War - unlock Blitzkrieg Ace - £0.25
    March of War - unlock Battle Master - £0.50

Reversion - The Escape is F2P on Steam and you'll get £0.10 for playing it the first time!

Frequently Asked Questions - Thanks to The_Imp_ZA

What are Playfire Rewards?
    Playfire Rewards is a new and exciting way to play your way to cheaper games. Every day we set you brand new gaming challenges to beat that can earn you Green Man Gaming Credit to spend on the store.

How do I participate in the Playfire Rewards BETA?
    It's easy; if you don't have a Playfire account, just sign in with your Green Man Gaming account or register. Then just link your Steam account and you're ready to start earning rewards.

How does my Reward balance work?
    As soon as we've tracked any rewards you've earned it will appear in your transaction balance on the Rewards page. Once the credit you have earned has been deposited in your Green Man Gaming account and is available to spend, a tick will appear next to the reward.

Will I get rewards if I had already earned the achievement before each reward announcement?
    No. The reward system is NOT retroactive. You must earn the achievements within the allotted time.

How long does it take to process my reward?
    Every time we update your game activity we also check for qualifying criteria at the same time. Generally speaking this happens every 1-3 hours, however, credit has been recently showing up after many hours or days. This may be fixed in the future.

How long does it take to deposit my credit to Green Man Gaming?
    During the BETA your credit will be deposited into your account every 12-24 hours. However, the system has been fairly sporadic with credit showing up days after earning them. You may try re-logging from GMG if your credit is not showing up.

Can I participate in the Playfire Rewards BETA if I live outside the United Kingdom?
    Yes, absolutely! During the BETA your rewards will be displayed in GBP (£) but these will converted to your local currency, based on a daily exchange rate, when they're deposited into your Green Man Gaming account.

If your gaming activity has tracked correctly then please contact Customer Support providing the following information:

Playfire Username & Email:
    GMG Username: & Email:
    Steam Custom URL:
    What rewards you are missing:
    Screenshot of your Rewards page from this link: https://www.playfire.com/a/rewards
    Will Playfire track my achievements earned on games played via Steam Family Sharing?
    Not at the moment, this isn't to say that we aren't going to add it to the service going forwards but there are lots of logistical issues that need to be addressed.

What are you doing to combat people who exploit Playfire Rewards?
    People who exploit Playfire Rewards will be immediately banned from Playfire, their Steam ID blacklisted, reported to Valve and it may also impact your ability to earn credit or gain discounts permanently on your Green Man Gaming account. We encourage all users to report any suspicious activity directly to Customer Support. In short, don't use SAM!

Helpful Links
    Playfire Rewards Blog
    Green Man Gaming
    Your Rewards Page
    Creating an Account
    Last edited by mottamort; 11-06-2014 at 02:46 PM.

I don't know what you just said.
    That's what she said.

The Dork Knight.

Erm. Playfire rewards [yummy referral link!] is a thing that (as the name states) rewards you for playing games, it tracks your achievements and has time slots which it announces, and if you get your achievements inside that time frame, you are rewarded with cash to spend on Greenmangaming.com[yummy referral link!]. Both sites are legit, most people here will agree to that.

Now, from time to time, as you can see above, they will have rewards for a game which basically mean if you buy the game, and get all the achievements listed, that game is virtually free. (The only "catch" of course being its money you need to spend on GMG[yummy referral link!], which isn't a catch as they can have some damn nice sales for steam games).

Lastly, for quite some time, the reward tracking for Playfire[yummy referral link!] was broken. People were not getting their rewards even though they had gotten the achievements within the time frame for a specific game. This has now been fixed.

So my list I wanna keep updated will have a few things: Whether the game has trading cards (those can sell for money), its price, where to find it at that price, the reward you'll get if you get 100% of rewards that playfire is asking for that game, and that price in Dollars (playfire tracks in £, but GMG is in $), and finally, the time remaining until you can no longer get rewarded.

You do NOT need to have the Vulcan client to get rewards....

I thought I'd list the games in which this takes place as well as try get people involved by listing any other nice "free" games as a result.
    Last edited by mottamort; 09-04-2014 at 01:30 PM.

IIRC, you also get rewards for linking your steam account and signing up for the newsletter. I've used it for the games I owned where they had rewards available. It's quite effective and I managed to rack up about $3.50 in-store credit thus far. They also give rewards for game reviews which is quite nice.

Quote Originally Posted by phool View Post
    IIRC, you also get rewards for linking your steam account and signing up for the newsletter. I've used it for the games I owned where they had rewards available. It's quite effective and I managed to rack up about $3.50 in-store credit thus far. They also give rewards for game reviews which is quite nice.
    That's correct, but thats more a once-off thing. Purpose of this thread will be focusing on new games coming in that basically make themselves free-to-play if you nail the achievements

I've got about £5 rewarded ^_^

Nice thread mott, maybe you could add a link to the Playfire Rewards page in the OP. I'm glad that they've resolved the issue of achievements not being recognised.

Referal links yet again...

Edit: Or was that a friend request effort?
    Last edited by _Caboose_; 09-04-2014 at 11:22 AM.

Is it worthwhile using Playfire? I currently use Raptr which I love and I used to use XFire. Does Playfire work fine with Raptr?

There's a GIF for that MetalSoup's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    Is it worthwhile using Playfire? I currently use Raptr which I love and I used to use XFire. Does Playfire work fine with Raptr?
    I'm sure they work okay together, but as far as I know you don't need to use the client anyway, they track everything directly through Steam

Quote Originally Posted by _Caboose_ View Post
    Referal links yet again...

Edit: Or was that a friend request effort?

First time I've ever used referral links, on this site or anywhere. Its also of benefit to you to be referred (you get $2), and isn't like those voting schemes where your vote gets me a vote. It's also not anywhere on the main (1st) post, and lastly, nowhere on this site have I seen referrals being an issue, and if members can have it in their sig I see NO issue with using it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    I use both raptr and playfire. Its entirely up to you if its worthwhile using playfire, since you can see what its about. You get money for playing chosen games with chosen achievements, making it slightly different to raptr "rewards". This thread will try stay up to speed on what games can either NET you money or effectively be free, as are the 2 above.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugene View Post
    I'm sure they work okay together, but as far as I know you don't need to use the client anyway, they track everything directly through Steam
    Correct. Don't need the client (as i mentioned above) and all you need is to link it to steam (the same way you link steamgifts or example).