Page 12 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast

Thread: Bloodborne: the official thread

If you're worried about spoilers, minimize and listen to it like a podcast (as I did).

[MENTION=289]Jan[/MENTION] / [MENTION=767]Wlad[/MENTION]
    Could we retitle this thread to something a bit more relevant?

[MENTION=4071]BeoTeK[/MENTION] I did also ask [MENTION=289]Jan[/MENTION] to change the title to Bloodborne on the last page.

Also, thanks for the vid. Will watch/listen to it a bit later tonight.

hahaha! saw the thread and thought "HOW DID I MISS THIS!?!?"

When is this game coming out? Looks amazing although RPGs are not really up my ally.

Quote Originally Posted by MalicE View Post
    hahaha! saw the thread and thought "HOW DID I MISS THIS!?!?"
    I was also like WAIT WHAT!!! 12 PAGES ALREADY!!!! Lol...

"I shave my arms so I'm more aerodynamic in a fight" Wlad 2016

Quote Originally Posted by PythonFSi View Post
    When is this game coming out? Looks amazing although RPGs are not really up my ally.
    End of March is memory serves, was meant to be this month but delayed (as they do). But I wouldn't go as far as calling it an RPG.

Side note: Looking at the interest that this title is generating, and specifically interest from people that have little to no experience in the Souls series (looking at [MENTION=559]PythonFSi[/MENTION] and [MENTION=13400]brendanvb[/MENTION]). I feel that these people will be a huge surprise as to what the game is all about along with the series. It's definitely not a game for everyone, and I will go as far as saying the Souls series is it's own genre.
    Now I feel a lot of people who are ignorant about the series will be disappointing when they get this as they aren't used to it. I know people have also been spoiled, specifically those why have only played Dark Souls 2 and this they will get this because they enjoyed their past experience. To which they will be in for a great surprise.
    Let's get one thing clear, this game is being developed by FromSoftware and Hidetaka Miyazaki having a heavy hand in the development process. The Big M is renowned for his challenging games and the difficulty curve. But in the same process, extremely rewarding. Unless you've played and have experience in the Demon's Souls and Dark Souls series you may not be able to appreciate the greatness of what this game may be. Don't get me wrong, I love this franchise and only try and explain its properties to those that aren't fully aware. Ideally I would like anyone and everyone who hasn't enjoyed these titles to at least try them out and in no means am I trying to make you uninterested in it, just making awareness and creating discussion.

[MENTION=767]Wlad[/MENTION] [MENTION=9033]Talentloos[/MENTION] [MENTION=5134]MalicE[/MENTION] [MENTION=22]Deceptor[/MENTION]
    What are your guys' thoughts and opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by BeoTeK View Post
    End of March is memory serves, was meant to be this month but delayed (as they do). But I wouldn't go as far as calling it an RPG.

Side note: Looking at the interest that this title is generating, and specifically interest from people that have little to no experience in the Souls series (looking at [MENTION=559]PythonFSi[/MENTION] and [MENTION=13400]brendanvb[/MENTION]). I feel that these people will be a huge surprise as to what the game is all about along with the series. It's definitely not a game for everyone, and I will go as far as saying the Souls series is it's own genre.
    Now I feel a lot of people who are ignorant about the series will be disappointing when they get this as they aren't used to it. I know people have also been spoiled, specifically those why have only played Dark Souls 2 and this they will get this because they enjoyed their past experience. To which they will be in for a great surprise.
    Let's get one thing clear, this game is being developed by FromSoftware and Hidetaka Miyazaki having a heavy hand in the development process. The Big M is renowned for his challenging games and the difficulty curve. But in the same process, extremely rewarding. Unless you've played and have experience in the Demon's Souls and Dark Souls series you may not be able to appreciate the greatness of what this game may be. Don't get me wrong, I love this franchise and only try and explain its properties to those that aren't fully aware. Ideally I would like anyone and everyone who hasn't enjoyed these titles to at least try them out and in no means am I trying to make you uninterested in it, just making awareness and creating discussion.

[MENTION=767]Wlad[/MENTION] [MENTION=9033]Talentloos[/MENTION] [MENTION=5134]MalicE[/MENTION] [MENTION=22]Deceptor[/MENTION]
    What are your guys' thoughts and opinions?
    fully!

My recommendation: If you don't know the series, and want to get Bloodborne based purely on what you've seen online, DON'T!
    I suggest before you go spend R800, get Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition, power into it, take the bad with the glorious good. and after you've died for the eleventy billionth time trying to kill the Capra Demon and still find yourself going back, wanting more and still enjoying it (through all the swearing and controller bashing) THEN you can consider getting Bloodborne.

Quote Originally Posted by BeoTeK View Post
    I like this... You make an excellent point here, and one that people should take very seriously if they are considering this... Iv got a mate who I recommended dark souls 2 too... He played the game for 6 hours and was the equivalent of about 18 minutes into the game...

"I shave my arms so I'm more aerodynamic in a fight" Wlad 2016

I think it will even be different depending on how you played the souls series. If like me you went full on shield and sword, bloodborne will be a completely different beast. But i agree with [MENTION=5134]MalicE[/MENTION], if you haven't played any one in the series, it might put you off completely. You need to be a special type of stupid to enjoy this.