Page 1 of 147 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: PS4 - Game Questions

Default PS4 - Game Questions

I thought it might be nice to have a thread where people can ask questions about games they want before buying them, seeing as they are quite expensive, I'm being pretty picky with what I'm getting.

I'll be getting Infamous Second Son and Watch Dogs end of June, and want to get something until then.

So, has anyone here played Need for Speed Rivals on the PS4 ? Its on sale at a shop near me for R650 and just want to see if its worth it. Haven't played a Need for Speed game in AGES, last one was probably the 1st Most Wanted on PC...

Think Kalahari has it for R399.

I have the game, and it's fun, but racing games is not one of my favourites to be honest. Doesn't hold my attention for long.

Edit : Confirmed, it's R399 on Kalahari for PS4.

Lol that is weird. Quite easy which one to choose though

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    Lol that is weird. Quite easy which one to choose though
    Not so easy when you take into consideration how Kalahari handles errors on the part of their system... i.e. the voucher scandal of earlier this year.

Quote Originally Posted by brendanvb View Post
    Not so easy when you take into consideration how Kalahari handles errors on the part of their system... i.e. the voucher scandal of earlier this year.
    Quite sure if you go through the check out process for the R399 option it should be R399? Someone mentioned a voucher (R75 off or something on SAGamer) and people buying the game for R330 or so. Not a bad price then, but I won't pay R649 for it.

I bought this the same day I bought my PS4 back in December, but I have traded it in since. Visually the game is really impressive, everything looks really good. And I mean really good. Gameplay is decent as well, but it got too fast for me too quick. The only reason I traded it in is because I got so frustrated with the game that I almost snapped the disc. Maybe I just suck at games that are this fast, but I couldn't, for the life of me, progress any further in the game; it was just too fast and I kept on crashing the whole time and losing all the races.

One other thing that annoyed me is that you can't pause the game. This is a result of the game always being online (with other players driving around as both cops and racers), but even if you play offline with AI you can't pause the game. Might not be an issue for some, but for me it was really annoying.

Overall, it's a pretty decent racing game. Customization is weak though; minor vinyls and decals etc. and a handful of performance upgrades. It's still better than the last few NFS games though.

Getting Watch Dogs and Infamous: Second son on Wednesday ! that should keep me busy.

I'm not trying to derail the thread but it makes sense to post this here.

Are there any games on PS4 that would cause you to buy the console?

For me it's purely Project Beast at the moment, but I played Second Son at a mates the other day and it's beautiful. Also DriveClub is looking pretty good.

So PS4 is looking more and more inticing...

Quote Originally Posted by BeoTeK View Post
    I'm not trying to derail the thread but it makes sense to post this here.

Are there any games on PS4 that would cause you to buy the console?

For me it's purely Project Beast at the moment, but I played Second Son at a mates the other day and it's beautiful. Also DriveClub is looking pretty good.

So PS4 is looking more and more inticing...
    Are you asking about PS4 exclusives only ?

Second Son is a good place to start, then there's project beast as you said, and Uncharted 4, we will know a bit more about upcoming games after E3