Thread: South Africa's most powerful and expensive graphics cards

Default South Africa's most powerful and expensive graphics cards

South Africa's most powerful and expensive graphics cards

Forget practicality and competitive pricing - these cards play hard and fast, and probably cost more than your entire PC

Name:  images.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  7.2 KB

If I had the money, I would go for that R9 295X2. It's just so epic, in every way; speed, performance, looks, price...

Assassin of Accountants Ike_009's Avatar

<><><><><><><><>

One day I will be able to afford theses, in the bargain bin of a 2nd hand shop in 10 years time.
    My ignore list: n/a

I could never justify forking out that kind of cash... The bare minimum is 2 PS4's... Seriously? Your games arnt going to look any better... Unless you do HEAVY graphics work, baring in mind that i do 3D for a living, these are just silly...

Can build a nice PC for R20k actually, we dont NEED those ultra-high-end cards. It's just a matter of WANT.
    4690k @4.5ghz |CM SEIDON 120V PLUS |CM HAF 932 |ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer | 16GB DDR3 | 2x Saphire RX480 Nitro+ OC| 2x256GB SSD RAID0 | 850w Corsair PSU

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    I could never justify forking out that kind of cash... The bare minimum is 2 PS4's... Seriously? Your games arnt going to look any better... Unless you do HEAVY graphics work, baring in mind that i do 3D for a living, these are just silly...
    Well you say that but what about guys running multiple monitors or 4K resolutions? None of today's single cards can do more than 35fps at that res, the only card available right now that can push 60fps + @4K would be the 295X2 and considering its faster than 2x 780ti's in sli while using less power, taking up less space, producing less heat, much quieter it really isn't all that bad.

If your running 1080P then it would be a complete waste as even a R9 280X can easily max pretty much any game right now. If your doing 2560x1440P you would need something like a R9 290 for maxing, R9 290X and 780Ti would be good for [email protected] Hz while both will do 4k, they won't be able to maintain a high enough avg fps unless some eye candy is turned down.
    Eat - Sleep - Overclock - Repeat