Thread: Mortal Kombat X Will Run On 1080p 60FPS, Says Ed Boon

Default Mortal Kombat X Will Run On 1080p 60FPS, Says Ed Boon

Resolution, graphics and frame rates have become very big phenomenon for the players and developers nowadays and so many people disregard the game completely, if it is not running on 60 FPS, 1080p.

However, graphical addicts will be glad to know that Mortal Kombat X, which was revealed earlier this week, will be powered by highly modified Unreal Engine 3 and runs on 1080p, 60 FPS.

This confirmation was made by the series creator, Ed Boon on his twitter account, where he wrote:

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  21.5 KB

This statement almost confirms that these game settings are done for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC, but nothing can be said with certainty until we receive an official word from the developer.

Mortal Kombat X debut trailer was released as part of the game’s announcement, and it showed Sub-Zero going against Scorpion in one on one battle and the outcome was rather gory, as you expect from a Mortal Kombat game.

Full reveal of the game is going to happen at upcoming E3 event, where Ed Boon promised to showcase two new characters from the upcoming title.

Mortal Kombat series has always been among the best fighting franchises and it will be very interesting to see how developer manages to improve visually and gameplay wise with new hardware.

Mortal Kombat X is scheduled to release for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC next year.

Source

Goddamn ue3 it better run 1080p 60 fps,cross gen games bringing there baggage with them lol.

Probably a lot easier to do for fighting games where the environments etc are a lot smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by brendanvb View Post
    Probably a lot easier to do for fighting games where the environments etc are a lot smaller.
    True... I can only imagine it to be a hell of a lot easier, especially with the "platform" sort of side to side scrolling...

Quote Originally Posted by brendanvb View Post
    Unless you are team ninja with their multi tiered environments

Assassin of Accountants Ike_009's Avatar

Is it just me or is 1080p @60 FPS becoming a marketing thing. Like saying a Car has MP3 support or a phone with a gyroscope and waterproof features, you care for 10 minutes and then realise you don't notice it because there are more important things to focus on (like driving on the road and not killing yourself)
    My ignore list: n/a

Ike_009 - good point, but I have to be honest with you; a car radio that doesn't "at least" support MP3 functionality these days is pretty pathetic. It's like saying that a car without Xenon headlights is just as good as a car with Xenon headlights. The fact is, it simply isn't. The only people making statements like that are the people who have not experienced Xenon headlights over stock halogens.

If a game comes out on the PS4 and Xbox One simultaneously, and only one of them supports 1080P @60fps, whilst the other does 40fps...I'm getting the one that supports 60fps. Not a lot of people will notice the difference, but that's just people being ignorant in general.

As for Mortal Kombat X - my only concern is their character modelling. I've recently purchases Mortal Kombat 9 on STEAM and, whilst I can play at the absolute max settings at 2560x1440, I'm very disappointed with the character models. They look "old" somehow and they make the game feel like something from 2002....not good.

I guess we'll have to wait to see some gameplay this week from E3. I'm definitely excited about it though!
    Last edited by Neo; 09-06-2014 at 01:30 PM.
    My ignore list: growing too fast to keep updating.

Assassin of Accountants Ike_009's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    Ike_009 - good point, but I have to be honest with you; a car radio that doesn't "at least" support MP3 functionality these days is pretty pathetic. It's like saying that a car without Xenon headlights is just as good as a car with Xenon headlights. The fact is, it simply isn't.

If a game comes out on the PS4 and Xbox One simultaneously, and only one of them supports 1080P @60fps, whilst the other does 40fps...I'm getting the one that supports 60fps. Not a lot of people will notice the difference, but that's just people being ignorant in general.
    Ok, lets change it then to car interior.

When you buy a car you sit in it and say that it looks nice, the wood panelling is pretty and the dashboard looks great etc etc etc. Now if we take the car out for a test drive around town and actually test how it handles, acceleration and comfort. You get back to the shop and the test drive went alright, it handles ok but could be much better and the pace is slow compared to the previous model. (Or maybe even the topgear says the same thing and you just went to the dealership to look at the car).

Would you buy the above car now in spite of the above flaws because the interior trim looks looks nice and it has racing stripes?
    My ignore list: n/a

The problem with this argument is: I'm a bit of a petrolhead and when it comes to cars I consider a BOAT load of things before I buy my next car. But to answer your questions whilst staying in the realm of cars, I'll say this:

The Toyota 86 and Subaru BRZ are basically the exact same car. However, Subaru have taken a few minutes to make their version a little bit sportier and a fraction faster. So, guess which one I'd buy? The Subaru, of course.

Times have moved on. Things which were seen as "luxury" or "optional extras" in years gone by, are now considered to be standard. Manufacturers who do not abide by these times should not get your money. They have no issue in upping their prices on their products; so the least you should get for your money is the progress that comes with that increase in price.

In gaming, if you're left with the option of 40fps vs 60fps, you need to first understand what "fps" means and how it translates to the game's experience. Once you understand that, you'll understand why that 20fps difference is a big deal and why it's a no-brainer if you have a choice between them.

People might say: "So what, the Xbox One does 40fps and the PS4 does 60fps, who cares?", but what if I put it like this: "The PS4 can run this game at 20fps, whilst the Xbox One can't run the game at all.".

Suddenly 20fps means the difference between one platform being able to do something that the other platform can't even attempt.
    Last edited by Neo; 09-06-2014 at 02:57 PM.
    My ignore list: growing too fast to keep updating.