Thread: Rise of the tomb raider may hit ps3 and xbox 360

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Achievements Taking The Plunge
    Awards Balls of Steel - Community-selected custom user title.

Default Rise of the tomb raider may hit ps3 and xbox 360

Rise of the Tomb Raider may be heading to PS3 and Xbox 360 along with next-gen consoles.

That's according to an Amazon listing that offers the game for pre-order on PS4, PS3, Xbox 360 and PC, alongside the previously confirmed Xbox One version.

The sequel to the Tomb Raider reboot was announced at last week's E3 during Microsoft's press conference. Accompanying blurb explained "In the next chapter of her journey, Lara must use her survival skills and wits, learn to trust new friends, and ultimately accept her destiny as the Tomb Raider.

"Featuring epic, high-octane action moments, Rise of the Tomb Raider will take gamers to multiple locations around the world filled with exploration spaces that are some of the most beautifully hostile places on earth. In addition, after hearing the cry from fans loud and clear, the game will put the tombs back into “Tomb Raider" all in the franchise’s gritty Survival-Action style."

Source: IGN

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

I seriously hope not. I feel bad for the people that aren't yet able to afford a next-gen console but if our next-gen games are still going to be held back by the previous generation towards the end of 2015 when this releases then I will be seriously annoyed. That's not to say they can't make an epic game that functions well on all the platforms, but they'll be limiting themselves if they need to ensure the game can run on nearly 10 year old hardware.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards Balls of Steel - Community-selected custom user title.

Quote Originally Posted by brendanvb View Post
    I seriously hope not. I feel bad for the people that aren't yet able to afford a next-gen console but if our next-gen games are still going to be held back by the previous generation towards the end of 2015 when this releases then I will be seriously annoyed. That's not to say they can't make an epic game that functions well on all the platforms, but they'll be limiting themselves if they need to ensure the game can run on nearly 10 year old hardware.
    maybe they're gonna take the approach activision did with call of duty on the wii (still amazed at how black ops and mw3 run on that machine) first create the main graphical intensive game for the primary consoles and then backport it to the previous/less powered gen

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

I own a PS4 and a gaming PC and I'm happy about multigen releases.

You sound like the PC elitists who whine about consoles holding back progression... Except that you're arguing for the progression of PS4, oh the irony.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Pdscoelho View Post
    I own a PS4 and a gaming PC and I'm happy about multigen releases.

You sound like the PC elitists who whine about consoles holding back progression... Except that you're arguing for the progression of PS4, oh the irony.
    Multigen is acceptable early in a console's life, but by the time this game releases the PS4/XBone will have been out 2 years already. The developers are going to be held back by that fact unless the 2 different gen versions feature differently sized environments, cheaper enemy AI, less animations etc. That's not being elitist, that's being realistic.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Multigen is acceptable early in a console's life, but by the time this game releases the PS4/XBone will have been out 2 years already. The developers are going to be held back by that fact unless the 2 different gen versions feature differently sized environments, cheaper enemy AI, less animations etc. That's not being elitist, that's being realistic.
    No, you are indeed being elitist. Cutting back on detail level, resolution and draw distance they can simply scale back the PC version for the PS3 as they did for the PS4.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

No, you are indeed being elitist. Cutting back on detail level, resolution and draw distance they can simply scale back the PC version for the PS3 as they did for the PS4.
    Ok then. In that case it makes no sense why we aren't getting anymore PS2 AAA releases if it's simply about resolution and texture detail apparently.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Ok then. In that case it makes no sense why we aren't getting anymore PS2 AAA releases if it's simply about resolution and texture detail apparently.
    The architectures aren't the same. A team is still needed to port this over from PC to PS4, PC to PS3 etc.

If a publisher doesn't feel it will be profitable or helpful they won't bother.

Have you ever seen crysis 3 run at ultra settings on a desktop and run at low settings on a laptop? Do you know how this works...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

The architectures aren't the same. A team is still needed to port this over from PC to PS4, PC to PS3 etc.

If a publisher doesn't feel it will be profitable or helpful they won't bother.

Have you ever seen crysis 3 run at ultra settings on a desktop and run at low settings on a laptop? Do you know how this works...
    Yes I know how it works but let's just agree to disagree

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

@brendanvb
    Really? Expected a better response, oh well