Thread: Steam Music Now Available to all Beta users

Post Steam Music Now Available to all Beta users

As I was browsing the internet last night, I noticed a post about Steam Music being added to the Steam Beta client. What this feature lets you do is listen to your music library while gaming, all controlled from the Steam interface.

I tested the feature last night, and it worked well. Nothing spectacular or ground breaking, but it's nice to have the ability to manage my music via Steam. It has some built-in features that will pause the music when you are busy in a Chat, and adds a desktop interface that you can use too.

You will have to opt in for Steam Beta in the settings to get this feature. If you've already done this, just restart Steam and install the update.

For more info CLICK THIS LINK TO GO TO THE STEAM COMMUNITY PAGE

I was hoping they add a music market, rather than just letting me play music through Steam.

Quote Originally Posted by oltman View Post
    I was hoping they add a music market, rather than just letting me play music through Steam.
    Maybe that will come. I see that Steam is adding more and more features to the system that makes it a more comprehensive, all-media system. It's a great idea in my opinion, and I can't wait to see what they do with this feature

Quote Originally Posted by DieGrootHammer View Post
    Maybe that will come. I see that Steam is adding more and more features to the system that makes it a more comprehensive, all-media system. It's a great idea in my opinion, and I can't wait to see what they do with this feature
    Their free to play movie was just the start of it all.