Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Difficulty level for games

Default Difficulty level for games

I've been playing a lot of games lately and I noticed a pattern in my gaming, I would always select the "easy" difficulty level, this made me wonder if selecting "easy" as your difficulty level detracts a bit from the overall fun and excitement of the game.

The Legendary Troll Hunter OmegaFenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sockmonkey View Post
    I've been playing a lot of games lately and I noticed a pattern in my gaming, I would always select the "easy" difficulty level, this made me wonder if selecting "easy" as your difficulty level detracts a bit from the overall fun and excitement of the game.
    I normally start on hard and then scale down depending on how it goes. Halo 3 ODST i played on Heroic first time and didn't adjust the difficulty. Dragon Age i started on Hard and quickly dropped it down to normal, at one point even Easy. I like a challange, if a game is challenging on easy the play it on that, if it isn't then scale up. The idea is to enjoy the game, there is no point playing the game on hardcore XXX if ur not going to enjoy it coz you have to set quick save and quick load to the left and right mouse buttons to get anywhere.
    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"

Usually I play on Medium. Generally "medium or "normal" is the intended way to play the game.

Only games like COD, ARMA, OPERATIONFLASHPOINT, SPLINTER CELL etc, I play on the most difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaFenix22 View Post
    I normally start on hard and then scale down depending on how it goes. Halo 3 ODST i played on Heroic first time and didn't adjust the difficulty. Dragon Age i started on Hard and quickly dropped it down to normal, at one point even Easy. I like a challange, if a game is challenging on easy the play it on that, if it isn't then scale up. The idea is to enjoy the game, there is no point playing the game on hardcore XXX if ur not going to enjoy it coz you have to set quick save and quick load to the left and right mouse buttons to get anywhere.
    Have you played God Of War on Godmode ?
    Rock and Roll aint noise pollution

The Legendary Troll Hunter OmegaFenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pcfourie View Post
    Have you played God Of War on Godmode ?
    No PS3 yet.
    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"

I had it on ps2.... it was INSANE !
    Rock and Roll aint noise pollution

The thing that should not be Tsar's Avatar

I play fps on the hardest difficulty first time.

I always play on normal first.

i start out on normal and either increase or decrease as i go along
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugene View Post
    Hello WinzEveryDayz.

Quote Originally Posted by Wenzdayz View Post
    i start out on normal and either increase or decrease as i go along
    +1

I tend not to play on the hardest difficulty. Most games I'll play on normal and then change to easy if I find it too difficult.