Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: XBox Live Gold Fail

  1. #1

    Default XBox Live Gold Fail

    Can anyone get the Live Gold Deals With Gold to work? Or is it another XBox thing that doesn't work for South Africans?

    Name:  xboxfail.png
Views: 51
Size:  78.1 KB

  2. #2

    Default

    Don't you have to buy the things off your xbox? I know that's how the free game thing works.. maybe its the same?
    Corsair Carbide Spec-01, MSI Z97Z SLI Krait ed., Seasonic S12II 520w, Gigabyte Geforce GTX 970, Mushkin Blackline 8gb, i5 4690k, 1 TB

  3. #3

    Default

    I get the same error here. Seems to be a technical issue on that page though. Go to the UK one: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Pr...eals-with-gold

    And then open the links and change the url from -GB to -ZA. The deals I checked were correctly discounted on the ZA marketplace, so likely just an issue with the Deals with Gold landing page.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Keepa34 View Post
    Don't you have to buy the things off your xbox? I know that's how the free game thing works.. maybe its the same?
    I normally get the free game from the website. It's just much easier to do at work.

    Quote Originally Posted by Denouncer View Post
    I get the same error here. Seems to be a technical issue on that page though. Go to the UK one: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Pr...eals-with-gold

    And then open the links and change the url from -GB to -ZA. The deals I checked were correctly discounted on the ZA marketplace, so likely just an issue with the Deals with Gold landing page.
    Thanks Denouncer, I will go have a look. I thought that there were no games on sale for South African gold subscribers but if it's a technical difficulty maybe they will fix it one day.

  5. #5
    Local caffeine junky matt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Johannesburg, SA
    Posts
    6,516

    Default

    The SA website is always a little broken. You should be able to get it here

    http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-ZA/Pr...5-d80258410b0f

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by matt View Post
    The SA website is always a little broken. You should be able to get it here

    http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-ZA/Pr...5-d80258410b0f
    The thread isn't about the free game. I can get to that.

    It's about the Gold Deals. But yeah the SA side is a bit broken.

  7. #7
    bradbear117's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Eastern Cape, about 70meters from the ocean
    Posts
    1,978

    Default

    I migrated my account from SA to USA the other day. It was a move I do not regret.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bradbear117 View Post
    I migrated my account from SA to USA the other day. It was a move I do not regret.
    Is there more stuff? I migrated to UK a while back and I'm not disappointed either.. I think you can move every 3 months or something.. (if I remember correctly)
    Corsair Carbide Spec-01, MSI Z97Z SLI Krait ed., Seasonic S12II 520w, Gigabyte Geforce GTX 970, Mushkin Blackline 8gb, i5 4690k, 1 TB

  9. #9
    bradbear117's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Eastern Cape, about 70meters from the ocean
    Posts
    1,978

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Keepa34 View Post
    Is there more stuff? I migrated to UK a while back and I'm not disappointed either.. I think you can move every 3 months or something.. (if I remember correctly)
    ya you can migrate every three months. USA has loads and loads of stuff, think it would be very similar to the uk.

  10. #10
    Local caffeine junky matt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Johannesburg, SA
    Posts
    6,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bradbear117 View Post
    ya you can migrate every three months. USA has loads and loads of stuff, think it would be very similar to the uk.
    I remember when they first enabled migration, you wouldn't be able to re download stuff you had purchased before you migrated. Is it still like that or have they sorted that out now?

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 15-11-2013, 11:27 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-09-2013, 03:20 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 13-08-2013, 11:04 AM
  4. Xbox Live Gold Question
    By remnant in forum Gaming Discussions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 25-11-2011, 08:59 PM
  5. Xbox Live SA.... FAIL!
    By SubOracle in forum Gaming Discussions
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 07-01-2011, 02:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •