Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 60

Thread: Help with new PC build

  1. #11

    Default

    If you are using a 22" the 4870 1GB will give you 2-4 Frames more than a 4870 512mb on average. The biggest difference noticeable between the two cards is in Devil May Cry 4 DX10 where on average the 1GB has 9 frames more.

    Just get the 512mb one. If you are looking at the 4870 1GB version I would suggest you take the 260 core 216 for that price.

  2. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
    R12 700 Budget
    Amd AM2+ Phenom 2 x4, Quad-core 920 ( 2.8Ghz )
    Asus M3A78-T
    OCZ PC2-8500 DDR2 1066 4GB Fatal1ty EPP 2x2GB Kit - CL6
    ATI 4870 1gig GDDR5 graphics card
    Seagate 500gig 32mb cache 7200rpm
    Then you still need a Proper case and a power supply.
    Antec Super Lanboy gamers case https://www.4speed.home.pl/4speed/imagetowary/16777.jpg
    Power supply Corsair TX650W, Eps12V, ATX 12V V2.2 - 650W
    This your next build?

  3. #13
    Thread Killer MKII The Joker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    The Hardware Section
    Posts
    10,600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SharkBait View Post
    This your next build?
    Neah my next one is better than that rig mate.
    That's just a pc idea for this thread creator.
    Eat - Sleep - Overclock - Repeat

  4. #14

    Default

    Well, by 10k, i mean 13.

    I am not sure if I should wait now though, as Nvidia and ATi may be looking at releasing a completely new genereation later this year?

    What you guys think?

    Otherwise, the GTX 260 216 may be the winner

  5. #15

    Default

    The next cards nvidia will be releasing are the GTS250 and 240. (Basically a 9800GT and 9800GTX) after that is the rumour of the 350. Which will trump all cards based on speculation. I really wouldn't wait if I were you.

  6. #16
    No Hobbits Allowed Isengard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    8,409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by goldendeath View Post
    Well, by 10k, i mean 13.

    I am not sure if I should wait now though, as Nvidia and ATi may be looking at releasing a completely new genereation later this year?

    What you guys think?

    Otherwise, the GTX 260 216 may be the winner
    My concern would be how long until ATI/ nVidia release the new DX11 cards. It would be silly then to buy a DX10 card now if DX11 cards are around the corner. Word has it that nVidia will be first to the table the DX11 hardware.

  7. #17

    Default

    That sux, they haven't even fully utilized DX10 and then there is 10.1, wtf, they are trying to move to fast.

  8. #18
    Thread Killer MKII The Joker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    The Hardware Section
    Posts
    10,600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by goldendeath View Post
    Well, by 10k, i mean 13.

    I am not sure if I should wait now though, as Nvidia and ATi may be looking at releasing a completely new genereation later this year?

    What you guys think?

    Otherwise, the GTX 260 216 may be the winner
    So what did you think of the rig I posted?
    Eat - Sleep - Overclock - Repeat

  9. #19
    No Hobbits Allowed Isengard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    8,409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SharkBait View Post
    That sux, they haven't even fully utilized DX10 and then there is 10.1, wtf, they are trying to move to fast.
    DX10 didn't prove to be as great as we all hoped, so maybe DX11 will finally move things along instead of being a minor update over DX9.

  10. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Isengard View Post
    My concern would be how long until ATI/ nVidia release the new DX11 cards. It would be silly then to buy a DX10 card now if DX11 cards are around the corner. Word has it that nVidia will be first to the table the DX11 hardware.
    Well the first cards that were DX10 enabled cost an arm and a leg and you got 2 games that were DX10 after a long while and they lagged like crap. It's always better to wait a bit for the new tech to stabilize.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •