Page 51 of 67 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Destiny Thread

Hey I'm on XB1 if any one wants to jam sometime on strikes/raids/crucible/patrol

GT: KofDelightZA
    Another cool place to buy games/codes >>https://www.g2a.com/r/kofdelight

Hit light 271 last night. Did the nightfall with two Americans after doing 5 strikes in a row with them. The heroic playlist is the way to go to get gear, I ended up with 4 legendary engrams and about 20 blue engrams just from those 5 strikes. You can start doing them from light level 250 up, but you need a full team.

"What's with the poop face?"

Quote Originally Posted by Shirou View Post
    Awesome, well thanks for the feedback, also heard the story is worth playing now, so guess it's best to go through it from the beginning now.
    I think this is probably the more fun way to go about this (or at least for me it is):

1. Boost a class to 25 .
    2. Do the first TTK story mission which is at lvl 25 and get a good idea what cutscenes/story are like in TTK
    3. Get the lvl 25 subclass mission right afterwards <------ this will unlock the new 3rd subclass
    4. Load up a ton of bounties at the Tower

5. Pick the subclass you want to level, you should now have 3 to choose from , you have to level each individually and they only level if you "fit" them on your character slot, so being able to pick the one you actualyl want to play here is pretty useful methinks...
    6. Go back to Earth and start the vanilla story campaign and get XP. Remember even if the mission itself is lvl 4, the gear drops and xp are YOUR LEVEL. It is up to you whether you want to throw in the 2 expansions' missions in the mix while doing this or first do the vanilla -> dark below -> wolves -> TTK ....all the vanilla/db/wolves missions will be unlocked for you at lvl 25 regardless of whether you follow the campaign in sequence.

I chose to follow the missions as the dude in Tower gives them to me (you see the purple triangle over the mission when you pick a destination).

7. Profit?

I did this with my Warlock (i previously played a Titan) , unlocked the StormCaller subclass first and started the vanilla campaign. I went from lvl 25 --> 33 only doing the vanilla Earth campaign + midway on the Moon campaign . It also goes pretty fast and i pick up tons of gear/engrams/xp while doing so .... definitely not grindy. By the looks of things i will be lvl 40 before i even continue with the TTK campaign!
    Last edited by diabolus; 18-09-2015 at 08:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by diabolus View Post
    I think this is probably the more fun way to go about this (or at least for me it is):

1. Boost a class to 25 .
    2. Do the first TTK story mission which is at lvl 25 and get a good idea what cutscenes/story are like in TTK
    3. Get the lvl 25 subclass mission right after doing #2 <------ this will unlock the new 3rd subclass
    5. Pick the subclass you want to level, you should now have 3 to choose from , you have to level each individually and they only level if you "fit" them on your character slot.
    6. Go back to Earth and start the vanilla story campaign and get XP. Remember even if the mission itself is lvl 4, the gear drops and xp are YOUR LEVEL. It is up to you whether you want to throw in the 2 expansions' missions in the mix while doing this or first do the vanilla -> dark below -> wolves -> TTK ....all the missions will be unlocked for you at lvl 25.

I chose to follow the missions as the dude in Tower gives them to me (you see the purple triangle over the mission when you pick a destination).

7. Profit?

I did this with my Warlock (i previously played a Titan) , unlocked the StormCaller subclass first and started the vanilla campaign. I went from lvl 25 --> 33 only doing the vanilla Earth campaign + midway on the Moon campaign . It also goes pretty fast and i pick up tons of gear/engrams/xp while doing so .... definitely not grindy. By the looks of things i will be lvl 40 before i even continue with the TTK campaign!
    Yeah this is also not a bad idea. But the vanilla story will suffer a bit since you will be way op. But that is also fun sometimes.

1. Boost a class to 25 .
    3. Get the lvl 25 subclass mission right afterwards <------ this will unlock the new 3rd subclass
    5. Pick the subclass you want to level, you should now have 3 to choose from , you have to level each individually and they only level if you "fit" them on your character slot, so being able to pick the one you actualyl want to play here is pretty useful methinks...
    6. Go back to Earth and start the vanilla story campaign and get XP. Remember even if the mission itself is lvl 4, the gear drops and xp are YOUR LEVEL. It is up to you whether you want to throw in the 2 expansions' missions in the mix while doing this or first do the vanilla -> dark below -> wolves -> TTK ....all the missions will be unlocked for you at lvl 25.

7. Profit?

Great feedback, thanks for this i might just do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Talentloos View Post
    Yeah this is also not a bad idea. But the vanilla story will suffer a bit since you will be way op. But that is also fun sometimes.
    Yea, i initially thought so too, but then i remembered the vanilla story is almost non existent to begin with, especially on Earth+Moon. The TTK lvl 25 opening mission got more going in the 1 mission alone than the entire vanilla campaign had.... I mean , i played through Earth+Moon last night, i realized i still don't know wtf is going on during those missions...compare this to the TTK opening mission..i knew exactly what is going on there...you don't even need a backstory.

Plus, since in the patrols/open world the taken are now popping up (previously this were the wolves) . If you did the opening lvl 25 TTK mission you now at least KNOW who these weird portal-ghost like things are that pops out of portals in the middle of your patrol missions.....

It also looks like , unlike the wolves, the taken are at least now the same level as the area you are in (on earth anyway) , so you CAN actually engage them while still leveling. The wolve packs and their placement were just stupid, there was like a lvl 34 mini-boss standing permanently in a lvl 5 area on the Cosmodrome that would one-shot noobs all the time (because everyone has to move past that point). I saw last night that queen is no longer there, i hope it is permanent, because it annoyed the living crap out of me to charge through there avoiding a one-shot death there.
    Last edited by diabolus; 18-09-2015 at 09:04 AM.

Yea, i initially thought so too, but then i remembered the vanilla story is almost non existent to begin with, especially on Earth+Moon. The TTK lvl 25 opening mission got more going in the 1 mission alone than the entire vanilla campaign had.... I mean , i played through Earth+Moon last night, i realized i still don't know wtf is going on during those missions...compare this to the TTK opening mission..i knew exactly what is going on there...you don't even need a backstory.

Plus, since in the patrols/open world the taken are now popping up (previously this were the wolves) . If you did the opening lvl 25 TTK mission you now at least KNOW who these weird portal-ghost like things are that pops out of portals in the middle of your patrol missions.....

It also looks like , unlike the wolves, the taken are at least now the same level as the area you are in (on earth anyway) , so you CAN actually engage them while still leveling. The wolve packs and their placement were just stupid, there was like a lvl 34 mini-boss standing permanently in a lvl 5 area on the Cosmodrome that would one-shot noobs all the time (because everyone has to move past that point). I saw last night that queen is no longer there, i hope it is permanent, because it annoyed the living crap out of me to charge through there avoiding a one-shot death there.
    Yeah i hated those wolves. I wasnt really talking about story. Just meant you have to do level 2 story missions while being level 25, so they are not as intense as when you play them normally. But also as i said, its fun just blazing through as well

Quote Originally Posted by Talentloos View Post
    Yeah i hated those wolves. I wasnt really talking about story. Just meant you have to do level 2 story missions while being level 25, so they are not as intense as when you play them normally. But also as i said, its fun just blazing through as well
    True, i agree, it is definitely easier, but certainly not impossible to die. Some of those sniper type mobs can still easily take me down even if they are lvl 6 .

On an additional note, the other reason i like the boost and then leveling from there, you can't really enjoy crucible (the arena/pvp type of stuff) as a lowbie. Even though i think they make everyone the same level, i was definitely not enjoying crucible as a lvl 10 player in the past...surely the fact that your gear+guns+subclass skills are far more advanced at lvl 25+ means you should be better than a lowbie in crucible. An i think Crucible is nice distraction to do inbetween missions/patrols to shake the routine a little.

True, i agree, it is definitely easier, but certainly not impossible to die. Some of those sniper type mobs can still easily take me down even if they are lvl 6 .

On an additional note, the other reason i like the boost and then leveling from there, you can't really enjoy crucible (the arena/pvp type of stuff) as a lowbie. Even though i think they make everyone lvl 20, i was definitely not enjoying crucible as a lvl 10 player...surely the fact that your gear+guns+subclass skills are far more advanced at lvl 25+ means you should be better than a lowbie in crucible.
    True.