View Poll Results: Should Rebel Tech extend the competition on MyGaming with a few more prizes?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. Delay the draw of the grand prize and have the extra give-aways count as extra entries.

33 66.00%
  • Yes, but hold the grand prize draw in week 5 as planned, then give away the other prizes as normal.

13 26.00%
  • No. I don't want more free gear from Rebel Tech because I have no soul.

4 8.00%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Extending the Rebel Tech Gargantuan Gaming Gear Give-away

I voted for option one as well. I like the fact that the forum is getting so much more activity now. And up to now people have gone overboard with spam. If people should start a thread for the sake of upping their activity, that's a good thing. Isn't that supposed to be the point of starting threads? If people start posting rubbish, there's always the report button that can be used. But it hasn't been necessary yet, and I'll say bring on moar threads!! Bring on moar activity!!

Thanks Rebel Tech!

Keep the competition's coming I say, either option one or two would be great

Look there is really only one option to vote for there

Thanks Rebel Tech for MOAR PRIZES!!!!

"I shave my arms so I'm more aerodynamic in a fight" Wlad 2016

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoFish View Post
    Are they all going to be activity based? While I do enjoy the banter of some threads and the interesting discussions, a lot of the new threads and posts are simply posts to push up activity numbers. Just a thought.
    No there'll be a mix. Probably at least one more activity-based comp and some random give-aways.

I'm all for more prizes and opportunities to win them.

Edit: Just a quick question? For the main prize will the entries for it only come from those who made it into the Top 25/50 bracket of the activity based comps - or will the entries include the poll-vote comps?
    Last edited by DarthMol; 17-09-2014 at 10:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister 44 View Post
    I'm going for option one. It will be good for both the forum and Rebel Tech, so everybody wins except Jan who has to do the admin when the time comes for the grand prize draw.

For the final draw, may I suggest you go Platteland Style (it's like Gangnam Style but with more concertinas) and do a Tollie Drop?
    It works like this: Each entry is documented on a largish, flat object - usually a paper plate. These plates are distributed randomly around a medium sized enclosure. A tollie (young ox) is then lead into the enclosure after having been fed. While it is traditional to use an ox, any form of livestock can be substituted but it must be noted that limited success was had with chickens in the past.
    When the ox drops his last meal in the usual fashion, the winner is the name on the plate closest to where the... patty hits the ground.

Or you can do it your way with random number generators and technology stuff. But I guarantee my way is a lot more fun, especially if the ox breaks out of the enclosure and somebody (Kevin) has to go fetch it.
    i like the way you think Meneer. i think Jan should definately consider this "platteland style" draw. there however has to be lots of pictures so we can all share in the delight
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugene View Post
    Hello WinzEveryDayz.

I chose option 2 cause we get a grand prize quicker with the same amount of prizes as 1, but 1 can also work too.

Ichigo Ftw

Went option 2

Must say, for one company to get this involved with prizes is a huge thing. Props to Rebeltech for such an extended sponsorship
    - There is no proof any of us are even alive -
    - - - -

I'm all for more prizes, and if it helps boost activity on the forum, all the better. Things were getting a little slow for a while

Quote Originally Posted by Mephisto_Helix View Post
    Went option 2

Must say, for one company to get this involved with prizes is a huge thing. Props to Rebeltech for such an extended sponsorship
    Yup well I know where I'll be buying my SSD from next month :P