Page 30 of 42 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast

Thread: Xbone - Game Questions

Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    XBox Countdown Sale is now on:
    http://www.xbox.com/en-ZA/countdown/xbox-one-games

Kings Quest episode 1 is just $1.50! That's a great price.
    Thanks for sharing. Got myself Madden so far. Always wanted some gridiron play.

Can you purchase a game via xbox store but install the content from disc instead? Say maybe I borrow a game, install it and then buy it online will the system download it or use the content from hdd?

Quote Originally Posted by agent47 View Post
    Can you purchase a game via xbox store but install the content from disc instead? Say maybe I borrow a game, install it and then buy it online will the system download it or use the content from hdd?
    Yes you can.

Came across this nice 2015 Stat tracker.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/year-in-review-2015

I guess [MENTION=20]Solitude[/MENTION] & [MENTION=9789]DieGrootHammer[/MENTION] like this this kinda thing.

There's a GIF for that MetalSoup's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeoTeK View Post
    Came across this nice 2015 Stat tracker.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/year-in-review-2015

I guess [MENTION=20]Solitude[/MENTION] & [MENTION=9789]DieGrootHammer[/MENTION] like this this kinda thing.
    Bit slow.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalSoup View Post
    Sorry, was dealing with a lot of personal shit then.

TOP 5 HARDEST XBOX ONE GAME COMPLETIONS OF 2015

@telentloos [MENTION=9789]DieGrootHammer[/MENTION]

We have our work cut out for No. 1

1) Elite Dangerous – Read our review
    I am going to go on record and state that Elite Dangerous is the hardest game from 2015 to 100%! Why you might ask? Is it because you must attempt to fly through thousands of uncharted systems for literally days to reach the centre of the Milky Way? Is it because you must save up millions upon millions of credits in order to buy every ship in the game? Well no, not exactly. Funnily enough, the hardest achievement in this game is: Well Trained – COMPLETE THE TUTORIALS! Yes you read that correctly. Only three tracked gamers over at the premier achievement tracking site, TrueAchievements, have completed this challenge and just one has fully completed the game. But the difficulty doesn’t stop there. In total you must commit well over 800 hours of your life to this game! That’s about 34 days of mining, selling, exploring, shooting and bounty collecting. I love Elite and it is without doubt the best space flight sim ever made, but there’s no way I will be completing it any time soon.

Post 1

Post 2

As per [MENTION=9789]DieGrootHammer[/MENTION] 's request, please see my 2 posts in the wrong thread and reply here

Quote Originally Posted by Blazzok View Post
    So I has my Xbox now

I got Rise of the Tomb Raider with it (which my wife is dying to play). Also, holy shit Forza 6 is expensive!! Cheapest I have seen it so far is at Loot for R820!! The guy I bought the Xbox from also paid R1k for RoTR.

How do you people do it?

Anyhoo, I had this stupid blue box/outline around everything I selected on the menu of the Xbox - some googling luckily informed me to turn the narrator off (I didn't have the sound on at the time).

BUT, sound does bring me onto my second problem. Audio. The Xbox has only 1 HDMI out port, and then it has a S/PDIF as well. Now my amplifier does not have audio passthru, only video. So there is no point in taking the HDMI cable to my amplifier, I can just plug it directly into my TV. I can get a S/PDIF cable for the audio to my amplifier, but it does not support multi channel audio on the Xbox, only stereo :/
    This basically leaves me with 3 options: HDMI to TV and use the TV speakers for audio (/vomit), get the S/PDIF cable and atleast have much better stereo audio than with HDMI to TV) or get a better amplifier.
    Oh yes, since there is no dedicated Xbox chat/question thread that I know of, is Xbox Live Gold worth it? Or should I rather sign up for the free 30 day trial and have a look first?
    On sound. Currently I have an HDMI running form the Xbox to the TV, then from the TV I'm sending the sound to my sound system. That seems to be working for me as I get very decent sound and full 5.1 effects. I've tried optic audio but the Xbox doesn't pick up my cable for some reason. I spent many many hours with Xbox Support online to get it sorted with no joy.

Then, yes, games are super expensive. That's why I only get like 4 -7 games per year, but that's fine, because I can get games that I truly enjoy and spend lot's of time with each.

Then, Xbox Live is valuable if you are going to be joining any of un in some multiplayer games, or if you are looking at playing online. You will also be getting at least 4 games free each month, plus additional savings on any deals that's running for the month. In that alone I would say there is lots of value in Xbox Live. I would be lost without it, and I would have MUCH less games without it as well

Post 1

Post 2

As per [MENTION=9789]DieGrootHammer[/MENTION] 's request, please see my 2 posts in the wrong thread and reply here
    Congrats on getting an XBox One!

Firstly new games for are crazy expensive. Forza 6 is the most I've ever paid for a game. I got it for R900 last year. It's since been on special which brings me to an important point. Rather get your games on special or second hand. It works out a LOT cheaper.

And yes, Gold in my opinion is most definitely worth it. Two free XBox One games and 2 360 games that you can play on the XBox One every month. Some months there are crap but some months you get really good games. Let me know if you want good deals on gold. I know all the good places to check. You also get discounts on Gold called Deals with Gold or something. So overall you will save a lot when you get it.

As for Forza, I think it was on special not too long ago but now with the Rand being so weak it's going to cost a pretty penny. I will see if I can get a good deal for you somewhere.