Page 31 of 42 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast

Thread: Xbone - Game Questions

Quote Originally Posted by DieGrootHammer View Post
    On sound. Currently I have an HDMI running form the Xbox to the TV, then from the TV I'm sending the sound to my sound system. That seems to be working for me as I get very decent sound and full 5.1 effects. I've tried optic audio but the Xbox doesn't pick up my cable for some reason. I spent many many hours with Xbox Support online to get it sorted with no joy.
    How exactly are you sending it from your TV to your sound system? I don't think my TV has an HDMI out port :/

Quote Originally Posted by Blazzok View Post
    How exactly are you sending it from your TV to your sound system? I don't think my TV has an HDMI out port :/
    Rca out?

Quote Originally Posted by BeoTeK View Post
    Rca out?
    Does that do 5.1? As far as I know RCA only does stereo

Does that do 5.1? As far as I know RCA only does stereo
    But it should have a seperate RCA connector per output. i.e FL/FR & RL/RR

But it should have a seperate RCA connector per output. i.e FL/FR & RL/RR
    For now I used a 3.5 mm to RCA cable that I had lying around to connect the TV's headphone audio jack to the amp, which works, but not ideal.

I'm not sure what you mean Beo. See below for what the TV has.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    Congrats on getting an XBox One!

Firstly new games for are crazy expensive. Forza 6 is the most I've ever paid for a game. I got it for R900 last year. It's since been on special which brings me to an important point. Rather get your games on special or second hand. It works out a LOT cheaper.

And yes, Gold in my opinion is most definitely worth it. Two free XBox One games and 2 360 games that you can play on the XBox One every month. Some months there are crap but some months you get really good games. Let me know if you want good deals on gold. I know all the good places to check. You also get discounts on Gold called Deals with Gold or something. So overall you will save a lot when you get it.

As for Forza, I think it was on special not too long ago but now with the Rand being so weak it's going to cost a pretty penny. I will see if I can get a good deal for you somewhere.
    Thanks Soli

Where are good places to look for 2nd hand games?
    I see Raru has some specials going, with Live Gold 12m going for R744, which is R260 less than what I have found so far.

I have another question (so glad I have all you smart people to ask)

Is the play and charge kit worth it? From what I can see on the internet is that AA's will last about a week with moderate gaming, which is good I suppose but can become expensive, which makes me think the charge kit might be worth it.

Is the play and charge kit worth it? From what I can see on the internet is that AA's will last about a week with moderate gaming, which is good I suppose but can become expensive, which makes me think the charge kit might be worth it.
    Given the cost of rechargeable AA batteries, I haven't bothered. I buy normal Energizer or Eveready AA batteries and they last me good enough time that I am only replacing them maybe once every month or two.

Given the cost of rechargeable AA batteries, I haven't bothered. I buy normal Energizer or Eveready AA batteries and they last me good enough time that I am only replacing them maybe once every month or two.
    Oh, well that's great. I'll stick with the regular AA's for now then and see how it goes. Thanks Beo

Oh, well that's great. I'll stick with the regular AA's for now then and see how it goes. Thanks Beo
    Well considering I have multiple platforms so there are days it doesn't get any love. But just about every single day I am switching it on for Netflix for the lightie, but the controller turns itself off again once done.

Thanks Soli

Where are good places to look for 2nd hand games?
    I see Raru has some specials going, with Live Gold 12m going for R744, which is R260 less than what I have found so far.

I have another question (so glad I have all you smart people to ask)

Hi Blazzok. The best place is probably Carbonite but I've been thinking about creating an XBox One trading and selling thread here at MyGaming. Will do so this evening if all goes well.

That's a crazy price for Gold! I paid less than R400 in November last year. Or around there! It's crazy how badly the rand has affected everything.

Here's a cheaper price for now: http://www.prepaidgamer.com/xbox-liv...ld-membership/ for R600. Will check tonight if I can get it cheaper for you somewhere else. I saw a special over the weekend but can't remember where.

I've got the play and charge kit and can definitely recommend it. You can charge your controller while playing. But like BeoTeK says, normal rechargeable batteries should also be fine.