Page 2 of 283 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: The Steam specials thread

Mass Effect is on special on steam for the next 11 hours. $5 only!
    The difference between pizza and your opinion is that I asked for pizza.

Guys, just a good rule to live by in life: Never buy from specials, as you will always buy something you don't want/need.

Quote Originally Posted by Etiko View Post
    Guys, just a good rule to live by in life: Never buy from specials, as you will always buy something you don't want/need.
    I disagree completely. I have a list of games that I want. At one point or another said game will go on special and I buy it. I save money and I buy the games that I want. I spent enough money in the last two months to buy one new game. And yet I bought quite a lot. All games that I want. It's a bargain.

Oh and add Portal to the list. Bought it this morning for $4.99.

So you're telling me, that despite needing a new HD TV (since our old one got stolen in an armed robbery), we shouldn't have bought the Samsung Series 8 LED TV that was on special...?

While that advice may hold true some of the time, in this particular instance (steam specials), we can get the games we want for cheap cheap. So as a result, why not?
    The difference between pizza and your opinion is that I asked for pizza.

some would think up the most funniest ideas as to why other are bad for making use of specials [confusing the idea of cheaper isn't always better with specials...]

all the games i got is the ones i really wanted to play and are great at those prices too
    // Previously known as Blind Faith or Pr⊕phet
    // Sign up to Greenman Gaming and get $2 FREE in-store credit.

Left for Dead 2
    Medievil Total War
    Empire Total War and expansions
    Braid
    Company of Heroes Tales of Valor
    HL Orange Box

Yes, if you have absolutely no self-control whatsoever. Loads of people do have self-control, however.

Here's a good rule to live by: if you never buy from specials, you'll end up paying more.

I bought the following:

Braid (Already played on 360 but worth $2.50 for a time killer that runs on my laptop)

Plants vs Zombies (Seriously addictive game, highly recomended)

Torchlight (Havent played yet)

Zombie Driver (A little disapointing TBH)

Osmos (Pretty cool, awesome ambient sound track, weirdly compelling)

Batman: Arkham Asylum (Somehow missed it last year. Waiting for Webafrica Steam servers to DL it)

Trine (Looks really pretty, quite highly rated platformer. Im sure its going to be worth $5)

I think everything added up to just under R500. God bless Steam

Now just bring on the Webafrica server

Yeah we really need that content server asap .

Quote Originally Posted by Azimuth View Post
    Yes, if you have absolutely no self-control whatsoever. Loads of people do have self-control, however.

Here's a good rule to live by: if you never buy from specials, you'll end up paying more.
    It's just human nature. You see something is cheaper than usual. You kind of wanted it before, but now it's such a good price, you just got to get it.