Page 106 of 188 FirstFirst ... 6 56 96 104 105 106 107 108 116 156 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1877

Thread: Official Elite Dangerous Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MalicE View Post
    and most importantly, DON'T join a wing
    My friends and I play group play in a wing of 3, the bounties are split yes but its still a ton of co-op fun.
    __________________________________________________ ___
    My 9 year old asked me "What should I be when I grow up daddy?"
    I answered, "Happy".

Quote Originally Posted by Shrike View Post
    My friends and I play group play in a wing of 3, the bounties are split yes but its still a ton of co-op fun.
    yeah last night I made 650k in about 30min or so, before joining the wing. After joining I made maybe 300k for the rest of the evening.
    that bounty splitting is bullshit!

de ja vu

Making good money on mining while I am working. Last night I filled my mining ship with equal shares of Osmium, Painite and Platinum, nothing else. This morning I log in and out of open/solo/group while in station and refresh the mineral missions and hand those 3 in. I make about 4 mil a run. Nice thing is I can do it in between work.

Score!
    I answered, "Happy".

Making good money on mining while I am working. Last night I filled my mining ship with equal shares of Osmium, Painite and Platinum, nothing else. This morning I log in and out of open/solo/group while in station and refresh the mineral missions and hand those 3 in. I make about 4 mil a run. Nice thing is I can do it in between work.

Score!
    Do you do that to get the best price? If so, isn't that similar to cheating money?
    When an anti-piracy method is affecting the game for people who legitimately bought it and causing other people not to buy the game, there is obviously something wrong with it!

Quote Originally Posted by Wyzak View Post
    Do you do that to get the best price? If so, isn't that similar to cheating money?
    Not best price, just to get the actual mineral missions as they refresh random.

Not cheating if it is a feature in game to log in and out to refresh missions.
    I answered, "Happy".

no not really. it's more like planning ahead

Thanks for the feedback guys. Whats your thoughts on the steam reviews...they've put me off quite a bit, but I wanna know your side of things

Not best price, just to get the actual mineral missions as they refresh random.

Not cheating if it is a feature in game to log in and out to refresh missions.
    Is it really a feature or is it weakness that can be exploited? If they wanted you to do that why wouldn't they just make the missions always available, or add a button to randomize the missions?
    When an anti-piracy method is affecting the game for people who legitimately bought it and causing other people not to buy the game, there is obviously something wrong with it!

Quote Originally Posted by mottamort View Post
    Thanks for the feedback guys. Whats your thoughts on the steam reviews...they've put me off quite a bit, but I wanna know your side of things
    I think they're mostly just whiny little bitches. the only major gripe I have with the game is their ridiculous pricing model

Is it really a feature or is it weakness that can be exploited? If they wanted you to do that why wouldn't they just make the missions always available, or add a button to randomize the missions?
    nooooo cause it also requires a bit of luck. you have to hold thumbs you get a mission requiring the resource you have in your cargo hold

Ok noted. Also...if I buy a ship, and someone blows me up or I crash into a planet...what happens. Do I respawn somewhere with/without my ship? is life over, start again? Is there some kind of xp/skills/traits system in place, or is progress solely based on money earned and ship bought with said money?