Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 1877

Thread: Official Elite Dangerous Thread

Quote Originally Posted by axon1988 View Post
    Okay so my specs at the moment are:
    i7 2600
    8gb ddr1600
    gtx 760 2gb
    game is installed on a 240GB ssd.

I used to struggle with low framerates when getting close to a landable planetoid as well as when I get close to a planetary base. But after tweaking some settings I now rarely dip below 40 frames.

So I am quite sure I have one of the slowest systems here, and my graphics settings within Elite at the moment is all set to high. So it's not like I'm cheating by running the game on low settings.

It never stutters for me when I'm in hyperspace traveling between planets. It never goes below 60 anywhere except for on planets.

So, what are you doing wrong? :P
    i7 950,
    18GB DDR3 1333,
    Nvidia GTX 970 G1 Gaming edition
    Corsair Neutron GTX 120GB for OS
    Toshiba 256GB SSD for Games
    Windows7 64bit

I have no issues in any other games... I have no issues in E except in Supercruise...
    When an anti-piracy method is affecting the game for people who legitimately bought it and causing other people not to buy the game, there is obviously something wrong with it!

Quote Originally Posted by Wyzak View Post
    i7 950,
    18GB DDR3 1333,
    Nvidia GTX 970 G1 Gaming edition
    Corsair Neutron GTX 120GB for OS
    Toshiba 256GB SSD for Games
    Windows7 64bit

I have no issues in any other games... I have no issues in E except in Supercruise...
    I can totally understand why you aren't playing any more. Has frontier support been of help at all?
    Please keep all extremities tucked in...

I can totally understand why you aren't playing any more. Has frontier support been of help at all?
    Nope, not a word, other than to say that it's a known issue on AMD cards... I even posted videos showing the issue.
    When an anti-piracy method is affecting the game for people who legitimately bought it and causing other people not to buy the game, there is obviously something wrong with it!

Nope, not a word, other than to say that it's a known issue on AMD cards... I even posted videos showing the issue.
    Okay, like I said to [MENTION=5134]MalicE[/MENTION], I'll see if I can maybe find something about it.

[MENTION=4924]Wyzak[/MENTION] and [MENTION=5134]MalicE[/MENTION]

Perhaps this can help you:
    1) download this utility: http://coderbag.com/programming-c/cp...arking-manager

2) turn it up to 95% or greater.

3) enjoy stutter free gaming!

I'll keep looking and see what I can find.

Windows7 64bit
    Wyzak I can't be of any help here, but was just curious why you've stuck with Win7?

“You will know the good from the bad when you are calm, at peace. Passive. A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.”
    ~ Jedi Master Yoda ~

Quote Originally Posted by GregRedd View Post
    Wyzak I can't be of any help here, but was just curious why you've stuck with Win7?
    Especially considering that certain Windows 7 features got improved a lot in Windows 10. In this case specifically talking about Core Parking which was not very well implemented in Win7. It's much better in Windows 10.

[MENTION=4924]Wyzak[/MENTION] and [MENTION=5134]MalicE[/MENTION]

Perhaps this can help you:
    1) download this utility: http://coderbag.com/programming-c/cp...arking-manager

2) turn it up to 95% or greater.

3) enjoy stutter free gaming!

I'll keep looking and see what I can find.
    Mmm, no thanks. I suspect the guys at Intel have a better how to manage my CPUs cores than that guy. I also don't like random code on my PCs.

Quote Originally Posted by GregRedd View Post
    I haven't seen anything that compelled me to upgrade to Win8/10 and I'm not a fan of the privacy issues that have been identified in Win10.

Mmm, no thanks. I suspect the guys at Intel have a better how to manage my CPUs cores than that guy. I also don't like random code on my PCs.

I haven't seen anything that compelled me to upgrade to Win8/10 and I'm not a fan of the privacy issues that have been identified in Win10.
    It's not random code though. And you can set this in your BIOS as well. Either way, it could be a solution. Up to you.
    All the privacy issues in Windows 10 can be disabled as well, very easy to do.

It's not random code though. And you can set this in your BIOS as well. Either way, it could be a solution. Up to you.
    All the privacy issues in Windows 10 can be disabled as well, very easy to do.
    I don't see why only one game would be affected and only in one very particular mode of that one game, which only occurs in online mode as well. Occam's razor - it's the game.

Even after disabling all of those settings there is still undisclosed communication between Win10 and their servers. I'm happy to wait.