Page 165 of 188 FirstFirst ... 65 115 155 163 164 165 166 167 175 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,650 of 1877

Thread: Official Elite Dangerous Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BeoTeK View Post
    [MENTION=4924]Wyzak[/MENTION]

Interesting, but strange that there is no mention of the Offline mode or the ensuing refund battle that was a major event.

I also find the "Frontier generally develops good quality, but with a good number of bugs" comment interesting. Those two tend to be quite contradictory to me.

"In many ways it's still an early access game and perhaps in my mind it always will be for at least another few years to come yet".

"Many people have paid full price for the game twice over now. First for Elite Dangerous and then for Horizons, and I can rightly understand that they question the value at the moment. But the bottom line of that is that we won't really know the true value of Horizons until we've reached the end of the season. Unfortunately we no longer now exactly when that is going to be. The assumption has always been the end of 2016 but with patch 2.1 being delayed until June and still another three patches to be released before the end of this season it would seem unlikely that we would get another massive patch every two months so that we can get a third season at the end of the year. And seeing the season extend well into 2017 isn't something that I'd like to see personally at all. It is hear that I really feel is the crux for all of the people when they talk about the value of what they've got. No-one really knows what that value really is. No-one really knows how long it's going to be until that value is fulfilled."

It's unfortunate that even after the Offline mode outcry and the ensuing battle for refunds and broken promises etc that Frontier still haven't learnt to communicate properly with it's stakeholders as can be seen again now by the lack of communication and the lack of clarity on the future roadmap for Horizons - which is something that they've already received their funds for to a great extent.

The communication in this group has really died down. Is anybody other than BeoTek still playing? http://steamcharts.com/app/359320#1m does not look good if you take into account that they pretty much have no competition in the space game section at the moment, but some real competitors are on the horizon (no pun intended).
    When an anti-piracy method is affecting the game for people who legitimately bought it and causing other people not to buy the game, there is obviously something wrong with it!

Quote Originally Posted by Wyzak View Post
    Interesting, but strange that there is no mention of the Offline mode or the ensuing refund battle that was a major event.

I also find the "Frontier generally develops good quality, but with a good number of bugs" comment interesting. Those two tend to be quite contradictory to me.

"In many ways it's still an early access game and perhaps in my mind it always will be for at least another few years to come yet".

"Many people have paid full price for the game twice over now. First for Elite Dangerous and then for Horizons, and I can rightly understand that they question the value at the moment. But the bottom line of that is that we won't really know the true value of Horizons until we've reached the end of the season. Unfortunately we no longer now exactly when that is going to be. The assumption has always been the end of 2016 but with patch 2.1 being delayed until June and still another three patches to be released before the end of this season it would seem unlikely that we would get another massive patch every two months so that we can get a third season at the end of the year. And seeing the season extend well into 2017 isn't something that I'd like to see personally at all. It is hear that I really feel is the crux for all of the people when they talk about the value of what they've got. No-one really knows what that value really is. No-one really knows how long it's going to be until that value is fulfilled."

It's unfortunate that even after the Offline mode outcry and the ensuing battle for refunds and broken promises etc that Frontier still haven't learnt to communicate properly with it's stakeholders as can be seen again now by the lack of communication and the lack of clarity on the future roadmap for Horizons - which is something that they've already received their funds for to a great extent.

The communication in this group has really died down. Is anybody other than BeoTek still playing? http://steamcharts.com/app/359320#1m does not look good if you take into account that they pretty much have no competition in the space game section at the moment, but some real competitors are on the horizon (no pun intended).
    I have not launched the game in 2 weeks. But that's honestly just because I am taking a little break from it. Something that needs to always be considered with Elite is that there is a large amount of players who do not play it through steam. This is mostly because they are older players and don't care for things like steam, as in many cases Elite and SC are the only 2 titles they play. Both of which are not reliant on steam.

I'll get to it again, I enjoy it and I do want to play it more. After all, I've basically already paid for all the future updates. So to me, it matters little the whole discussion on whether it is worth the value or not.
    Please keep all extremities tucked in...

Quote Originally Posted by axon1988 View Post
    I have not launched the game in 2 weeks. But that's honestly just because I am taking a little break from it. Something that needs to always be considered with Elite is that there is a large amount of players who do not play it through steam. This is mostly because they are older players and don't care for things like steam, as in many cases Elite and SC are the only 2 titles they play. Both of which are not reliant on steam.

I'll get to it again, I enjoy it and I do want to play it more. After all, I've basically already paid for all the future updates. So to me, it matters little the whole discussion on whether it is worth the value or not.
    Online servers cost money to run and if the game can't bring in new people or get those who are in to keep on spending money eventually the servers will be turned off and then it won't matter whether you bought the lifetime expansions or only the base game.

I've heard the "most elite players don't use Steam" argument before (usually from staunch supporters of Frontier) and it may be true to an extent, but if you look at their latest financials:

"Gross margins were 71% (2014: 94%) reflecting a higher proportion of recognised sales from third party distribution platforms such as Steam and Xbox Live, as the Group added new distribution channels to address new audiences."

And it's known that they pay Steam 30% for sales on Steam, so the fact that the gross margin is so close to 71% (especially having come down from 2014) suggests that almost all new sales are in fact on Steam or Xbox and very few sales are on their own website.

https://archive.is/j2XTr#selection-1431.0-1431.225

I tend to think that either people will completely avoid Steam or they will really prefer Steam for most cases. I think those switching between the two would be in the minority. Unfortunately it's not possible to know how many players aren't using Steam, so I'll have to work with the data that is available.
    When an anti-piracy method is affecting the game for people who legitimately bought it and causing other people not to buy the game, there is obviously something wrong with it!

This is over a year old, I wonder how that person feels about the current state of the game.

This is over a year old, I wonder how that person feels about the current state of the game.
    No clue, but one thing he said really rang true with me. I have very limited gaming time and as such I want to play the best version of the game there is. The one that has the least amount of bugs and is most feature complete. With most games that's at the point where they stop working on the games and move on to the next project or after the GOTY edition comes out. With Elite there's no telling when that will be as some bugs have been around for ages.

No clue, but one thing he said really rang true with me. I have very limited gaming time and as such I want to play the best version of the game there is. The one that has the least amount of bugs and is most feature complete. With most games that's at the point where they stop working on the games and move on to the next project or after the GOTY edition comes out. With Elite there's no telling when that will be as some bugs have been around for ages.
    10 Year development roadmap tells me that it should be complete in about 8 years.

10 Year development roadmap tells me that it should be complete in about 8 years.
    Yea... that's not gonna happen.

Yea... that's not gonna happen.
    Yeah only time will tell.