Page 57 of 188 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 67 107 157 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Elite Dangerous Thread

Quote Originally Posted by axon1988 View Post
    Have not been able to find a station where the Cutter is yet. Soon as I do I will share pics here. Unless you want me to stop with this.
    Naah, keep em coming. I need to get back into this. That Corvette looks sexy as fuck! Also, what resolution and graphics settings you playing at?

Have they fixed the supercruise FPS drop yet or the text chat bug?
    When an anti-piracy method is affecting the game for people who legitimately bought it and causing other people not to buy the game, there is obviously something wrong with it!

Quote Originally Posted by BeoTeK View Post
    Naah, keep em coming. I need to get back into this. That Corvette looks sexy as fuck! Also, what resolution and graphics settings you playing at?
    Interesting thing about the corvette, it is rather large but turns much faster than the Cutter. And even though the cutter has better hull / hardpoints it's not as agile. So it seems like the corvette will be the new big boss. Though the Anaconda somehow managed to still keep it's own spot as well and is starting to look more and more like the multirole ship.

I'll try and get more pics tonight. With every beta, graphical settings get reset. And I have not changed them as of yet. But I usually am able to max out the graphics in Elite without too much hassle. Resolution is 1920 x 1080
    Please keep all extremities tucked in...

Quote Originally Posted by Wyzak View Post
    I was also affected by that, and the last I played I think was just after the 1.3 release or so and it seemed to be much better.

Text chat I have not really tried out yet. Mostly played solo. But when I did text friends I did not see any issues except for the usual communication with server issues. If that is what you are talking about?

Supercruise I don't experience any fps drop. And I do remember the fps drop in 1.3, but in 1.4 it's gone for me. So I guess in 1.5 it just gets better.

I was also affected by that, and the last I played I think was just after the 1.3 release or so and it seemed to be much better.
    Yeah, I remember you saying that. But unfortunately more people have reported it since 1.4 - https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...23#post2960623

Text chat I have not really tried out yet. Mostly played solo. But when I did text friends I did not see any issues except for the usual communication with server issues. If that is what you are talking about?

Supercruise I don't experience any fps drop. And I do remember the fps drop in 1.3, but in 1.4 it's gone for me. So I guess in 1.5 it just gets better.
    If you only play solo, you probably wouldn't experience it. When I played solo I had no FPS drop, but when I played in open I had unbearable FPS drop when in Supercruise.
    When an anti-piracy method is affecting the game for people who legitimately bought it and causing other people not to buy the game, there is obviously something wrong with it!

If you only play solo, you probably wouldn't experience it. When I played solo I had no FPS drop, but when I played in open I had unbearable FPS drop when in Supercruise.
    I don't only play solo. I just with the beta quickly loaded up solo to take pics of the ships. I usually play open with a bunch of strange europeans. So maybe tonight I will try that again and report here.

I don't only play solo. I just with the beta quickly loaded up solo to take pics of the ships. I usually play open with a bunch of strange europeans. So maybe tonight I will try that again and report here.
    yeah, I've always had issues with the chat/message functionality. I always play online/open but I always fly solo (mostly due to not having anyone to wing with).

Most of the time I have no objective and just fly or do my own things, so that suits me fine, dunno if I can conform into what someone else would want to do and be forced into doing that.

yeah, I've always had issues with the chat/message functionality. I always play online/open but I always fly solo (mostly due to not having anyone to wing with).

Most of the time I have no objective and just fly or do my own things, so that suits me fine, dunno if I can conform into what someone else would want to do and be forced into doing that.
    I've used teamspeak and steam's voice calling feature through most of my plays in Elite. It makes life a lot easier, and works better. I hate half implemented chat features in games. So I stay away from them. But if you use CTRL + ALT + B you can see network traffic from your side on Elite and then that way see whether the message is being sent or not.

Just starting to plan for Horizons and I have noticed something. The expansion is almost double to base game price?

Elite Dangerous £30
    Elite Dangerous Horizons £50 (pre-order incentive of £40)

Together equals 70-80 quid.
    Converts to around R2000, which is ridiculous.

Though it also seems the Horizons update is more like a season pass?
    A SEASON OF CONTENT
    The second major update for Elite Dangerous: Horizons will release in Q1 2016 with more expansions to follow.
    This second major update will include additional gameplay-focused content including an all-new game-changing loot and crafting system.

This is probably the biggest issue I have with the game, and have had, is the stupid pricing model.