Page 58 of 188 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 108 158 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Elite Dangerous Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BeoTeK View Post
    Just starting to plan for Horizons and I have noticed something. The expansion is almost double to base game price?

Elite Dangerous £30
    Elite Dangerous Horizons £50 (pre-order incentive of £40)

Together equals 70-80 quid.
    Converts to around R2000, which is ridiculous.

Though it also seems the Horizons update is more like a season pass?

This is probably the biggest issue I have with the game, and have had, is the stupid pricing model.
    I've had this debate with so many people. We need to always remember with Elite that the expansions include all the updates for the next year. And the Planetary landings also includes the base game. Not just the expansion. Unfortunately you cannot gift the extra copy though. Which sucks.

But yeah you are not just getting planetary landings. You are also getting the multi-crew expansion and whatever else they plan.

Steam might have a sale on the base game soon enough.
    Please keep all extremities tucked in...

....I'll wait for No Man's Sky then rather

Quote Originally Posted by MalicE View Post
    ....I'll wait for No Man's Sky then rather
    The thing that gets me with No Man's Sky, is that it does not look as varied as they are selling it to be. The planets are also not very big. Or even to true scale which brings me to my second point: It's very arcade like and aimed at younger people it seems. I am not interested in another space shooter / planet walker. There are enough of those. That's why CQC is seperate from Elite's base game. It's for those who want instant action.

I just don't see NMS working for me. The videos all have the same creatures in them. The planets look interesting. I'll consider it a couple of months after release.

Can you ship or pay couriers to move your stored vessels to another system or port yet?

Can you ship or pay couriers to move your stored vessels to another system or port yet?
    Not as far as I can see. But I do vaguely remember reading about them planning that for season 2.

That was also a big bummer for me. The game has so much potential but so little of it is implemented.

They keep on hammering how it's a 1:1 scale representation of our known universe, but whoop dee doo? So what? Does that make it more fun? No, not really. Should we be impressed that they can create so many procedurally generated planets? No, that's how procedural generation works. The depth is seriously lacking, and it really annoys me that the quest timer keeps running even if I log out.
    When an anti-piracy method is affecting the game for people who legitimately bought it and causing other people not to buy the game, there is obviously something wrong with it!

Quote Originally Posted by Wyzak View Post
    That was also a big bummer for me. The game has so much potential but so little of it is implemented.

They keep on hammering how it's a 1:1 scale representation of our known universe, but whoop dee doo? So what? Does that make it more fun? No, not really. Should we be impressed that they can create so many procedurally generated planets? No, that's how procedural generation works. The depth is seriously lacking, and it really annoys me that the quest timer keeps running even if I log out.
    I've never had the quest timer running for me when I log out... o.O

Quote Originally Posted by axon1988 View Post
    I've never had the quest timer running for me when I log out... o.O
    It does. If you accept a quest that has say 1 hour remaining. Log out or leave the game and come back in 3 hours, it will have expired.

It does. If you accept a quest that has say 1 hour remaining. Log out or leave the game and come back in 3 hours, it will have expired.
    I'll test this in the beta tonight and report back.

And if you fail a mission, you don't just get zero credit, you are actually penalized.
    When an anti-piracy method is affecting the game for people who legitimately bought it and causing other people not to buy the game, there is obviously something wrong with it!