Page 69 of 188 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69 70 71 79 119 169 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Elite Dangerous Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Blazzok View Post
    It's only picking up 1.3GB of the total 6.1GB download :/
    !!!PSA!!!

Frontier Support have announced the following:

1. We are aiming to be back online with Horizons at 16:00 GMT, you should be able to download and login then.
    2. The servers will be coming offline in 1hr to prepare for the v1.5 & v2.0 updates. (Was posted at 09:00 this morning)

And they have said that it might be better to wait till 16:00 before you think about downloading.
    Please keep all extremities tucked in...

Quote Originally Posted by axon1988 View Post
    !!!PSA!!!

Frontier Support have announced the following:

1. We are aiming to be back online with Horizons at 16:00 GMT, you should be able to download and login then.
    2. The servers will be coming offline in 1hr to prepare for the v1.5 & v2.0 updates. (Was posted at 09:00 this morning)

And they have said that it might be better to wait till 16:00 before you think about downloading.
    I paused the download earlier anyways, but I'll wait until after 16:00 to start it up again, or maybe let it run through the night.

I paused the download earlier anyways, but I'll wait until after 16:00 to start it up again, or maybe let it run through the night.
    I am planning on only downloading it tonight and indeed leaving it overnight.

Are you guys actually playing together, or just buggering around the system in varous places? I think I had a Type6 trader, as well as a cheaper ship for really long distance travel (forget the name).
    Might have an Eagle as well? I can't remember :3

Are you guys actually playing together, or just buggering around the system in varous places? I think I had a Type6 trader, as well as a cheaper ship for really long distance travel (forget the name).
    Well it depends on who is online. I have a couple of friends who stick around while I am online which suits me. And if there is a good CG then we usually try that out. Other wise current plans include a 7000LY trip to some nebula. Which I will use to my advantage for trying out horizons.

Then there's the Robigo smuggling missions that pay really well. All in all, I do what I feel like. But part of my play style is to only have 1 ship at a time. I use sidewinders as bookmarks and only fly 1 ship in space. Mostly due to the fact that it is just too much work to keep track of ships and go pick them up.

Currently I am flying a Vulture in release. And a ViperMK4 in beta.

yeah my Steam is scheduled to only download between midnight and 6am

I mostly play alone. [MENTION=4071]BeoTeK[/MENTION] joined me once after making me buy the game. still looking for a system to settle in.

Quote Originally Posted by MalicE View Post

I mostly play alone. [MENTION=4071]BeoTeK[/MENTION] joined me once after making me buy the game. still looking for a system to settle in.
    My current settling system is either TZ Arietis or Seleru Bao. Bao for ranking up in Federation and it's cheaper ships. TZ for the friends I know online and the decent missions.

Quote Originally Posted by MalicE View Post

Yeah, sorry. It's kinda difficult with a half broken (or something wrong with) joystick. Hoping to get a HOTAS otherwise I'll get acustomed to the XB1 controller.

Quote Originally Posted by BeoTeK View Post
    Yeah, sorry. It's kinda difficult with a half broken (or something wrong with) joystick. Hoping to get a HOTAS otherwise I'll get acustomed to the XB1 controller.
    the xbone controller works 110%

It would be easier to play together if there was some form of fast travel or shuttle service. Otherwise it takes quite an effort to arrange on a central location and have everybody migrate there over the course of several hours.

I use sidewinders as bookmarks and only fly 1 ship in space. Mostly due to the fact that it is just too much work to keep track of ships and go pick them up.
    Is there a way to move your ships now, other than flying there and leaving a ship behind?
    When an anti-piracy method is affecting the game for people who legitimately bought it and causing other people not to buy the game, there is obviously something wrong with it!