Page 1 of 188 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Elite Dangerous Thread

Cool Official Elite Dangerous Thread

Hey guys,

I backed Elite Dangerous, did you?

The game is due to be released this year still and there is a big press event already organised for the 22nd of November. I suspect that they will either announce that the game is live right there and then, or announce the release date then.

Here are some of the best videos that I've been able to find so far:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbaLJTGHkj8 beta 1.03
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZBKC56vhUo beta 2.04

This game is in a similar vein to Star Citizen but will be available months if not years before Star citizen.

CMDR Names - PC
    axon1988 - CMDR Bologniusmaximus
    BeoTek - CMDR Frampt
    BeoTek - CMDR Andre of Astora
    Blazzok - CMDR Blazzok
    GregRedd - CMDR Greg Redd
    InSanity - CMDR InSanityZA
    Malice - CMDR James Murdock
    Wyzak - CMDR Wyzak

CMDR Names - Xbox:
    BeoTek - CMDR BeoTeKza
    DieGrootHammer - CMDR DieGrootHammer
    Hiro - CMDR Hiro ZA
    Last edited by Wyzak; 08-09-2016 at 08:47 AM.
    When an anti-piracy method is affecting the game for people who legitimately bought it and causing other people not to buy the game, there is obviously something wrong with it!

Quote Originally Posted by Wyzak View Post
    This game is in a similar vein to Star Citizen but will be available months if not years before Star citizen.
    Star Citizen stills seems like a better value proposition to me?

Either way I'm not backing any of these projects soon. I backed Total Annihilation in the early stages....still can't play the freakin thing. FAIL
    #hashtag #anotherhashtag #bonushashtag

Quote Originally Posted by HavocXphere View Post

Either way I'm not backing any of these projects soon. I backed Total Annihilation in the early stages....still can't play the freakin thing. FAIL
    I suppose you mean Planetary Annihilation? Didn't back it but I did however buy it. Money not well spent.

I backed Star Citizen, so I won't back this as well. Or at least that is how I feel at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazzok View Post
    I suppose you mean Planetary Annihilation? Didn't back it but I did however buy it. Money not well spent.
    Oh yeah that one. Bought it for 20 bucks @ kickstarter. I've still got some faith in the basic concept...it just freakin crashes @ windows on new game. During beta I was all kinda of chilled about it...but now its selling on steam for 50 bucks and it still doesn't run. FML / Rage

Also SupCom1:FA...awesomeness.

Really looking forward to Elite Dangerous and Star Citizen. Getting on the hype train...

Oh yeah that one. Bought it for 20 bucks @ kickstarter. I've still got some faith in the basic concept...it just freakin crashes @ windows on new game. During beta I was all kinda of chilled about it...but now its selling on steam for 50 bucks and it still doesn't run. FML / Rage

Also SupCom1:FA...awesomeness.
    I bought it on Steam during early access. It looked so much like TA that I just had to have it. It did not change much from that point to where it is now. I can play it and all, but after several plays, it feels kinda meh. Nothing there that draws me back to play it again and again.

SupCom and FA, definately the successors that TA needed. Huge games of pure awesomeness!
    The only gripe I had with them is that your low tier units just become worthless very quick, no matter how many you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazzok View Post
    The only gripe I had with them is that your low tier units just become worthless very quick, no matter how many you have.
    Not sure thats a flaw? In SupCom2 the Tier balancing was screwed but the FA ones seemed fine?

FA balance seems optimal to me. tbh I'm a little scared of doing IRL FA games given that they are 3+ hours and I'd likely get owned. On the other end the AI doesn't present much of a challenge...

Which puts me in an awkward position...idk FPS are easier to slide into.

I'm looking forward to Elite Dangerous. Not as much as Star Citizen but considering that SC is still going to take a long time ED will do nicely in the meantime. The only gripe I have with the game is how samey everything looks. Sure, space is empty but at least Freelancer made, and apparently SC are making, an effort to 'colour' their universe with different sorts of environments. ED is just black brown and orange everywhere...

It doesn't have to be either or, as their will probably be years between them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ser_Bunnylot View Post
    I'm looking forward to Elite Dangerous. Not as much as Star Citizen but considering that SC is still going to take a long time ED will do nicely in the meantime. The only gripe I have with the game is how samey everything looks. Sure, space is empty but at least Freelancer made, and apparently SC are making, an effort to 'colour' their universe with different sorts of environments. ED is just black brown and orange everywhere...
    I think we will have to see, from the quote below that comes from their latest newsletter you can see that we haven't even seen a half a millionth of one percent of the game yet...

You'll be playing Beta 3 in a volume of 868,744 cubic light years,
    containing 2,406 star systems, including 4,181 stars and 24,918
    planets.

As we expand the volume of the Milky Way you are able to explore, you
    can start to get a sense of the true variety, scale and spectacle of
    what is out there, just waiting to be discovered and exploited.

In Beta 3 you can find our first B class star, and there are also
    three class five gas giants - super hot planets with clouds of
    metallic vapour in their atmospheres. There are also two rare
    terrestrial planets with a silicate vapour atmosphere - they are
    incredibly hot!

Beta 3's 2,406 star systems mean it is huge, about five times bigger
    than Beta 2. Yet it represents only a little over half a millionth of
    one per cent of the full game to be launched later this year!
    Last edited by Wyzak; 25-10-2014 at 02:13 PM.
    When an anti-piracy method is affecting the game for people who legitimately bought it and causing other people not to buy the game, there is obviously something wrong with it!

Quote Originally Posted by Wyzak View Post
    I think we will have to see, from the quote below that comes from their latest newsletter you can see that we haven't even seen a half a millionth of one percent of the game yet...
    That could also mean that we're just going to get millions more star systems that are black, brown and orange. :P