Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: A new publisher is joining GOG.com

Default A new publisher is joining GOG.com

There's currently a countdown on the GOG site.

The new publisher will be revealed in a couple of days...and there's a good chance it's the big one, LucasArts/Disney. Disney has recently appeared on the Steam store, bringing with them an equal amount of shovelware and decent older games, such as Tron 2.0 and Split/Second, to the platform. It had been rumored that GOG had also almost completed a deal with Lucas before the buyout, so this does seem like a logical step for both parties. Sleuths on the GOG forums have uncovered these three images:

Which all look conspicuously similar to the three main LucasArts series logos: Indiana Jones, Star Wars and Monkey Island.

The numbers refer to various points in time during the countdown. Each image is associated with a number (308, 528 and 39201). These numbers are calculated from the remaining days and minutes.

0 days and 21 minutes result in 39201
    1 day and 34 minutes result in 308
    2 days and 10 minutes result in 210

The numbers in the pictures correspond to the amount of minutes
    And if that wasn't enough, there's also this post by a moderator on the forums.

I was laughing at our failed attempt to hide it so hard I’ve made a typo.
    In an interview with Gamespot during their anniversary and site relaunch earlier in the year, they alluded to the fact that they were finalizing a deal with a major publisher (either Disney, Take 2 or Microsoft), one that occupied the top half of the GOG game wishlist.

Guillaume: "There is one last thing coming up hopefully before the end of the year. This is at the top of my to-do list right now. I have a pretty substantial deal in my inbox right now, which I need to finalize. It's going to be a deal for classic games on GOG with a major publisher, and that publisher has many games which are at the very top or in the middle of GOG's wish list. So if we sign that one, we will fulfill many wishes in the coming months."
    After losing Nordic- and Frictional Games earlier in the year due to disputes with their updated pricing policy, this is a major recovery step for their classic games catalog. I think players who prefer older games are in for a treat this year, first with the return of the 3D Realms catalogue, and now (hopefully) the return of LucasArts. Christmas really has come early. Now, if only Night Dive would stop drinking all the eggnog, and re-release No One Lives Forever
    Last edited by The_Imp_ZA; 25-10-2014 at 12:43 AM.

Excite!

*Readies wallet for the impending apocalypse*

Funny that you mention this. You'll never guess what I downloaded yesterday

I have been trying to get hold of The Curse of Monkey Island (legally) for about four years now. I played that game to death when it came out, it is by far the best Monkey Island in my opinion. I will buy it the second it releases on GOG. I can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by StaggerLee View Post
    I have been trying to get hold of The Curse of Monkey Island (legally) for about four years now. I played that game to death when it came out, it is by far the best Monkey Island in my opinion. I will buy it the second it releases on GOG. I can't wait!
    Ditto, loved that one! The newer ones just didn't measure up.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopimaru View Post
    Ditto, loved that one! The newer ones just didn't measure up.
    Yeah despite Telltale doing a great job with The Walking Dead and The Wolf Among Us, IMO they screwed up the latest Monkey Island.

Monkey Island is one of my (the) best franchises. I own them all and played through them all, even back in the days. As far as I'm concerned however, is that they kinda killed it off after the third one. When they started bringing in the 3D world/environments.
    Last edited by BeoTeK; 25-10-2014 at 03:28 PM. Reason: sommer

There's a GIF for that MetalSoup's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeoTeK View Post
    As far as I'm concerned however, is that they kinda killed it off after the third one. When they started bringing in the 3D world/environments.
    Yeah. The third one had the best art and animation of them all in my opinion.

Monkey Island is one of my (the) best franchises. I own them all and played through them all, even back in the days. As far as I'm concerned however, is that they kinda killed it off after the third one. When they started bringing in the 3D world/environments.
    Same here. The first Monkey Island was the first game I ever finished. The first 3D game (think it was Escape from Monkey Island) was still decent (not as good as the first 3 though), but Tales of Monkey Island was terrible IMO.

Monkey island was good! Cool stuff

- - - - - - - - - - Double Post Merged - - - - - - - - - -

nuff said...

Attachment 13094
    Rolling with a pike... you gonna hurt