Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Far Cry 4, Assassin's Creed Unity, The Crew Not Available to Purchase on UK Steam

Default Far Cry 4, Assassin's Creed Unity, The Crew Not Available to Purchase on UK Steam

UPDATE: The games have since been removed from the US Steam store as well. We've reached out to Ubisoft for comment and are looking into whether this removal affects all regions.

PC gamers in the UK will not be able to play Ubisoft's three big holiday releases - Far Cry 4, Assassin's Creed Unity, or The Crew - on Steam.

Speaking with PCGamesN, Ubisoft says that digital purchases of Assassin's Creed Unity will only be available Ubisoft's Uplay store.

"We’ve been in discussions with Valve about Assassin’s Creed Unity but for the time being the game is not available via Steam in the UK," Ubisoft says.

"In the meantime, UK customers wishing to purchase the game digitally can do so by visiting the Uplay store, our retail partners or other digital distributors."

While Ubisoft is speaking about Unity specifically, we can safely assume that Far Cry 4 and The Crew will also only be available digitally via Uplay. The company doesn't say why it has placed this limitation on some of its biggest titles of 2014, though PCGamesN suggests that it's because of the games' relatively high pricetag of £50 (equivalent to $79 USD) each.

Keys purchased through other websites, such as Green Man Gaming, will be redeemable on Uplay.

Assassin's Creed Unity will be released on November 11; Far Cry 4 on November 18; and The Crew on December 2.

Source: IGN

Assassin of Accountants Ike_009's Avatar

I'm curious, do all ubisoft employee's get given a shovel when they sign up or do they naturally feel the need to dig holes?
    My ignore list: n/a

Ubisoft tells Steam to get lost - MyGaming article

Well, sort of. Admittedly an over dramatic headline.

My initial reaction:

Name:  Screw this Im leaving, not staying for this.gif
Views: 58
Size:  1.81 MB

(What's bizarre about this is that I recall that new-ish Ubisoft games launch Uplay, even if you run them through Steam.)

Quote Originally Posted by Jan View Post
    (What's bizarre about this is that I recall that new-ish Ubisoft games launch Uplay, even if you run them through Steam.)
    Then they're just taking out the middle man. When you've bought the game on Uplay and added it to your Steam Library manually, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference?

But yeah, Ubisoft is burning bridges.

I hate uplay, and I generally only buy Ubisoft games now if I think its going to be something special. I put up with it, because it's still in a central place for me (Steam). But I have found myself not playing their games because every time I think of playing something like far cry 3 for example, it then opens Uplay, which needs to update. I see it's updating, close it and play something else. I don't see myself using another product to buy games.

First their always on DRM, then this. Someone at Ubisoft really likes making bad decisions...

What's worse it that uplay managed to get onto consoles as well...

> Want to redeem that awesome DLC?
    > Sure!
    > Well just log into your Uplay account and you are all set.
    > ...I'm good without any DLC.

Quote Originally Posted by Glordit View Post
    What's worse it that uplay managed to get onto consoles as well...

> Want to redeem that awesome DLC?
    > Sure!
    > Well just log into your Uplay account and you are all set.
    > ...I'm good without any DLC.
    Also O SO you want to move your games or backup them, nope sorry can't do that without jumping trough burning hoops. Also want to use your friends files so you don't have to download it fully well tough also have to jump trough hoops.
    Evil meet my Sword. Sword, meet Evil!

There's a GIF for that MetalSoup's Avatar

In before Ubisoft Defence Squad